Ready to watercool! - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 98 Old 09-17-2006, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Last part has been ordered and is on its way. I got this new case for this PC with the intent on liquid cooling is but has taken a while to get the rest of the parts to actually do it. so about mid week i should expect a passive reservior to show up on my doorstep and I'll be able to finally start. So I've been planing on how to mount the stuff and the biggest prob is the pump location. I do plan on changing the mother board and doing a sli setup. This would leave me no room for the pump. So my solution is hang it upside down inside the HD bays. I only intend on having one HD so i think it should work.

Reservior I ordered:http://www.frozencpu.com/products/22...?tl=g30c97s167

And the new case and locations I'm thinking of.

Parts ready to go.

animatior/3d artist
post-flame-small.gif 3d winter theme OCN wallpaperpost-flame-small.gif
http://www.overclock.net/attachments...g?d=1165266352

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 98 Old 09-18-2006, 12:37 AM
Habitual Tinkerer

Liked: 1192
Nice looking rig you got going ought to do you well, I started to get one of those passive res's they look nice and ought to give you little more cooling to your system..

Quote:
***Beware all ye Men born of Woman, beware the Hemogoblins...biggrin.gif...If you argue with a Troll the Troll wins. Do not feed the Trolls.***
***TOS***OCN's Professionalism Initiative*** An Emphasis on Quality of Content***Frozen Path. Sub-Zero Cooling Club***
***E8500 @ 5736 Mhz** E8600 @ 5751Mhz***E8400 @ Dead piece of junkQuote:
Originally Posted by Patch
Makes sense. Trolls have nickel plated red blood cells. Helps their copper based hemogoblin deal with the high aluminium content in their spleens.
post #3 of 98 Old 09-18-2006, 01:01 AM
Overclocker

Liked: 385
The res is made of Alu...if you have a copper block that's not a good thing. Those two metals will react to one another.

FAQ: Teflon Tape...USE IT!
OSAMT: "Member of OCN Songwriter and Musician Thread"

Proud Member of the OCN Mechanical Keyboad Club!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 98 Old 09-18-2006, 01:09 AM
Habitual Tinkerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snerp
The res is made of Alu...if you have a copper block that's not a good thing. Those two metals will react to one another.
Hey Snerp, your right about that but if I remember right they are anodized on the inside, been a long time since I looked at them so I could be wrong.The anodizing does stop the reaction doesn't it?

Quote:
***Beware all ye Men born of Woman, beware the Hemogoblins...biggrin.gif...If you argue with a Troll the Troll wins. Do not feed the Trolls.***
***TOS***OCN's Professionalism Initiative*** An Emphasis on Quality of Content***Frozen Path. Sub-Zero Cooling Club***
Makes sense. Trolls have nickel plated red blood cells. Helps their copper based hemogoblin deal with the high aluminium content in their spleens.
post #5 of 98 Old 09-18-2006, 02:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ira-k
Hey Snerp, your right about that but if I remember right they are anodized on the inside, been a long time since I looked at them so I could be wrong.The anodizing does stop the reaction doesn't it?

Man.... thats the last thing I wana hear, but on the bright side it appears to be anodized on the inside too. I also notice some placeses offer kits that use this resevior with other copper blocks. So as long as it being anodized wont alow a reaction i'll have to be very carful to not scratch the inside. I really like the look of the res though and that was the selling point for me, and Ira-k I think your right, theres a 1 degree drop in your water temp too I hear. So we'll see..

Heres a link the best Review i've seen for it. Check it out, they have lots of pics
http://www.viperlair.com/reviews/coo.../xspc/passres/

This pic shows one off the reseviors inside, so i think your right again Ira-k

animatior/3d artist

post #6 of 98 Old 09-18-2006, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter

sorry accidental double post

animatior/3d artist

post #7 of 98 Old 09-18-2006, 02:52 AM
Habitual Tinkerer

Hey I think that is right about the anodizing stoppping the reaction, but make sure of it from someone who knows,I'm noobish at this stuff to..Yeah Man don't scratch it..http://www.overclock.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Quote:
post #8 of 98 Old 09-18-2006, 02:55 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 114
He's using FluidXP too, so wouldn't that be different than using water?

Signatures are overrated.
post #9 of 98 Old 09-18-2006, 03:03 AM
Habitual Tinkerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer4lifex
He's using FluidXP too, so wouldn't that be different than using water?
Yeah I think it has an anti-corrosive in it, but still why take a chance on a good WC system like he has. Everyone always told me not to mix them....I think I'm right about the anodizing,but not 100 percent sure....If worse comes to worse he could probably send it back for a restocking fee....

Quote:
post #10 of 98 Old 09-18-2006, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ira-k
Yeah I think it has an anti-corrosive in it, but still why take a chance on a good WC system like he has. Everyone always told me not to mix them....I think I'm right about the anodizing,but not 100 percent sure....If worse comes to worse he could probably send it back for a restocking fee....

yeah i'll look around and try to figure it out before it shows up on my doorstep

animatior/3d artist

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page