Plasticizer Problems / Discussion / Gallery - Page 148 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1471 of 3087 Old 09-25-2012, 01:48 PM
PC Gamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Just ordered 12' of Feser Acid Green tubing and there Pre mixed Acid Green coolant so let's see how this turns out.

I will not add a silvercoil or any other additive but give me a few weeks to report back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1472 of 3087 Old 09-25-2012, 02:36 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 59
It seems to me that silver kill coil accelerates plasticizers leeching in Primochill's Primoflex (and similar super flexible) tubing ... but only when used in real life, meaning when water temperature reaches over 30C - that's when the super quick leeching occurs. other stuff playing some role is the "dirt" in rads (they come with it from factory). actually my RX240 rad had some whitish "chalk" in it before I flushed it with vinegar.

Also Mayhems confirmed a few pages back that he/they observed most or plasticizer leeching problems occur fastest at 30-35C.

The only really disturbing thing here is that Primoflex can build up that whitish residue even when submerged in a bucket of distilled water over night. that's all it needs to get ugly ... someone posted something like that many pages back.
post #1473 of 3087 Old 09-25-2012, 04:35 PM
333mhz

Liked: 7
so, im currently build a rig and going w/c, i need to use 3/8ID but also need it to be 5/8OD (as my rad is 1/2ID with compression so i need the extra thickness) but what tubing should i be using to avoid these problems?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1474 of 3087 Old 09-25-2012, 09:14 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 70
I know its hard to tell but i got most of the Plasticizer out of my Swifttech res so i am happy about that since i was told by Swifttech they will not sell the plexi housing separate -

8025353804_5f383ae1f4_z.jpg
post #1475 of 3087 Old 09-25-2012, 10:17 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybadomen View Post

My Primochill PrimoFlex Pro LRT don't look like a week link to me smile.gif still looks the same after months also:
I did have Problems once with many different brand tubing including Primochill till i realized it was user error on my own part.I was using distilled with biocide containing copper sulphate. Since i stopped never another issue and i only use PrimoFlex Pro LRT™ Tubing in all my builds past to present. So 1 time i made a mistake and besides that the stuff has been the best i found.You will aslo it see the same tubing used in my future 2 builds that will be completed shorty.
My suggestion is if your having problems go over your whole loop and find the cause because i don't care what tubing you use you can have the same issue or get lucky and have the right combination and have no issues at all. Out of many many builds i have done i have only had 1 issue with tubing and it had nothing to do with a brand tubing.
I know this thread will just keep lopping over and over with just blame thrown here and there at different manufacturer of the month but honestly its time to find the problem in your own specific loops and ignore all this. I did and finally success after wasting months reading this thread and getting no where.
Just my opinion wish you guys the best of luck. But if you have an issue with your loop don't just keep buying every brand tubing to try and mask the problem. Its not going to go away that way .You have to find the specific issue with your own loop because they are all different and anything can cause it.

Take Care Guys

MybadOmen

1) realising that it was error on your part, does not mean that the same applies to others.
2)Why does this sound so much like a put up job coming from the voice of a sponsored rig builder-(hey Brian)
3) why are you completely discounting the common variable that exists for hundreds of users-Primochill tubing.
4)You, semi insult fellow people in this thread with masked finger pointing, thats unacceptable, ok so in your opinion blah blah blah, why have you discounted so many other posters opinions? (and whilst you may not have come out and said so directly, one can read between the lines wink.gif)
5) Using the Phrase 'it just my opinion' etc etc does not absolve you from the pseudo arrogant tone in which your post was written, there are many many people who have changed from Primochill WHILST USING ALL THE SAME ITEMS/SET UPS/VARIABLES ETC-THAT HAVE FOUND SUCCESS-dont they count? (rhetorical question)
6) and im sorry but- basic law of consumerism, 'if a product does not suit me or seems to be substandard, then I WILL CHANGE THE PRODUCT'-far too many manufacturers nowadays want to pass the buck onto the consumer-our rights are slowly being eroded, and if we dare complain, we are deemed to be trouble makers-to h*ll with that!

And finally, all of what i have posted above, is to quote " just my opinion" wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplynicko View Post

just because you have a fancy build doesn't make your observation legitimate. tubing is obviously the issue on many of these builds, especially some that i have seen that have all-copper components.

Nothing to do with his quote: 'fancy rig', good for him, it looks good, and more power to him, i think that in this case, its how his ideas/opinion were delivered, as opposed to what was said. (its not what you say, but the way that you say it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Proton View Post

Not helpful. All have their own situations to report. Notice he said "just my opinion", which is all most of us can really contribute, as few of us actually conduct organized testing which results in reproducible data. We all need to present information that is identified as fact (with proof), opinion or own experience. We all then read the different information and draw our own conclusions. The only thing that should not be allowed to stand is erroneous information presented as fact with no substantiation or real support, especially if it can cause damage. Unfortunately, this happens way too often and many people still believe everything they read.
In my opinion.

Amen brother!
But in this case many people have presented photographic proof, logs etc-our Primochill fan, has presented hearsay (granted its hard to prove that your loop isnt clouding up-think outside the box wink.gif )

@Mybadabdomen
I would stick my head on a block and dare to say, that most people when initially encountering deposits in their tubes, do a thorough 'internal recon mission' within their rigs, looking for the cause, tubing is low on the initial totem pole.

Rad flux,metal mixing, flaking blocks, SKC/PT nuke usage etc etc.

Your post was equally unhelpful in that it basically discarded Primochill LRT as one of the variables-as i said before, 'Its not what you say........., added to the fact that "IMO" does not always absolve a poster from critisism.

Final point (since all the other posts in this thread with 'proof' etc have been ignored)-Read:

This was posted before in this thread-our friend maybe should have had a look before he posted 'his opinion' because in my opinion his opinion discards all the hard work done by others in the search for a solution.

E-mail to me from Primochill Head Honcho:

"Hello K,
Sorry for the late reply been a little crazy with the holiday and short work week.
We are sorry that you are having issues with our tubing. I can assure you that we are aware of the situation and have been working to get it resolved as quickly as possible. We have looked at your post and have a couple simple questions.

Can you tell us all of the components that you used when you had this problem? Fluid, Radiators, Pumps, Fitting etc.
Can you tell us how quickly the "white film" showed up?

Since your tubing is all sliced up, the "scrubber" will not work as intended. But it might up clean up the blocks and other components in the system, if soaking them is an option.

Please let us know what you would like us to you, so we can make sure that your are taking care of and the opinion you might have about PrimoChill is not weighing on you.

Again sorry for the delay, in getting back to you.

Regards,
Brian "

Why try to resolve something that is working fine?

In the interest of fairness, read my prior post vis a vis how i plan to give Primochill another chance, when their 'new' tubing comes out in November-i hope that it works.

I WOULD NEVER TAKE ANYTHING THAT A SPONSORED RIG BUILDER SAYS AS BEING THE GODS HONEST TRUTH -like he is going to say that his sponsored products have faults or can be faulty tongue.gif

Again, just my opinion biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by superericla View Post

^TLDR^
(skimmed a bit)
Anyhow, Primochill may have changed the tubing some time recently and may no longer have problems. It would have to be tested with a batch known to be very recent (not back-stock).

Thats the problem as well-TLDR? One cannot properly comment unless they read the whole passage that has been posted at any given time.

Primochill may have changed?? I don't think so, if you follow this thread you will see that Brian recently posted a damage control piece-i am 100% sure, that if he had some new batch out that has been proven to work, he would have made this information accessible to the WC public -Whereas his product has some problems at the moment, i do not think that he is so naive as to not announce a newer batch of working Primochill.

UPDATE

http://www.overclock.net/t/915966/please-read-before-purchasing-ek-nickel-plated-blocks-update-revised-plating-info/1390

Here is a similarly, thinly veiled attempt by Mybadomen to cover another of his sponsors-to make matters worse, it actually in the EK nickel thread-as i said before-DO NOT TAKE THE WORD OF SPONSORED RIG BUILLDERS AS THE TRUTH-THEY ARE OBLIGED TO DEFEND THEIR SPONSORS-THEIR OPINION CAN NEVER TRULY BE OBJECTIVE read the forums and get a better overall view , wink.gif

TO BE UPDATED SOON wink.gif

post #1476 of 3087 Old 09-25-2012, 11:01 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 164
^TLDR^
(skimmed a bit)

Anyhow, Primochill may have changed the tubing some time recently and may no longer have problems. It would have to be tested with a batch known to be very recent (not back-stock).

post #1477 of 3087 Old 09-26-2012, 02:40 AM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 55
kkorky I won't disagree or argue against anything in your well constructed post. I do agree with the majority of your statements, and do not support mybadomen. My main issue is to, as much as possible, keep this site from getting anywhere near the depository for unfounded, over the top criticisms as found at RRR's site, which specializes in using discussions to cover unabashed unwarranted ridicule, foul language and bullying.

I appreciate the time you took to present your arguments clearly and concisely.

i7 3770K, 47X100= 4.7GHz at 1.33V, ASROCK Z77 Extreme4, 2 X 4GB Patriot Viper Black Mamba DDR3 1600, GTX 590, 2 X Corsair Force 3 120GB SSDs in RAID 0, Barracuda SATA 7200.10 500GB, Barracuda SATA 7200.11 1000GB Back Ups, OCZ ZX 1250W, Z-5500s, LG Blu Ray Player/DVD Burner, Koolance CTR-CD12 Fan/Pump Controller, Windows 7 X64 Professional, HAF X. Vision Quest 24" WS LCD, Optoma H66 Projector
Cooling: Thermochill PA120.2 GT AP15 in push, DDC 3.25/XSPC Res top, EK Supremacy, XSPC Razor, Coolgate CG-240 Swiftech Helix in push/pull, MCP35X.
post #1478 of 3087 Old 09-26-2012, 03:00 AM
WaterCooler

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Proton View Post

kkorky I won't disagree or argue against anything in your well constructed post. I do agree with the majority of your statements, and do not support mybadomen. My main issue is to, as much as possible, keep this site from getting anywhere near the depository for unfounded, over the top criticisms as found at RRR's site, which specializes in using discussions to cover unabashed unwarranted ridicule, foul language and bullying.
I appreciate the time you took to present your arguments clearly and concisely.

Thank you-two things:

I think that i should have edited it a bit better, (have a look now-i have re edited it), it looked like a large chunk was directed at you-that is not the case, my apologies redface.gif

I am not doing this to be some martyr nor to gain 'brownie' points, its as you said, keeping this thread/site a place where people can come to gain facts and actually learn as i did, when i started visiting here 1yr+ ago. I just had to set the record straight, and not allow comments like his to pass unanswered.

My apologies again if you thought that the brunt was directed at yourself mate.

BTW: Over the last year i have come to 'know' by following their threads, many posters, they seem to be genuinely informed/helpful people, not full of false bravado that hiding behind a pc lends itself to-my point, i cannot ever foresee this forum stooping to the level of other offensive/ignorant forums.

TO BE UPDATED SOON wink.gif

post #1479 of 3087 Old 09-26-2012, 05:53 AM
Hardline upgrade!

Liked: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk20z3 View Post

I know its hard to tell but i got most of the Plasticizer out of my Swifttech res so i am happy about that since i was told by Swifttech they will not sell the plexi housing separate -

8025353804_5f383ae1f4_z.jpg

That's looks pretty sharp nyk20z3. It may take some more rinse/shake and flush but overall what did you think? I know it doesn't help that you can't seperate anything more than the faceplate so I'm hoping that it was just a case of seeing it through. mellowsmiley.gif

It really worked for me but I'm able to separate the caps from mine and was able to run a bottle brush through it. After seeing your issue I doubt I'll ever buy a one piece Reservoir in the future. wackosmiley.gif

~Ceadder smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif
post #1480 of 3087 Old 09-26-2012, 06:59 AM
333mhz

Liked: 7
guess my question got bypassed mad.gif
whats everyone using now? feser anti-kink?

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page