Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club - Page 32 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #311 of 20904 Old 03-13-2013, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMacheen View Post

Yes fill port up, with the fill port down it fit perfect. The fill port is now up facing the front of the case, facing back will require cutting. Not a big deal, fans are holding it fine until I get around to modding.

Here is what I did. I mounted it with the fillport facing up, and at the rear of the case with the tubes on the right. I did not slide it over to the right in the bay area of the 810, and iinstead have it slid over to the left/rear. First I mounted the fans (corsair sp 120's) to the bottom side of the rad. I then put a screw through the top of the case where the outer fans would normally go. I then placed 2 fans on the top of the rad without screwing them in. I then took the whole thing (rad, 2 bottom mounted fans, 2 nonmounted top fans), and lifted them up into the case. I then put the screw through a hole of the unmounted top fan tray, and lined it up with the rad. I did the same thing with another screw and got it so I could let go of everything. From that point I just lined up the rest of the holes and tightened them up. so the top screws are set in from the ouutside of the case and pull up/tighten the whole unit from the inside. I was able to do this using all 8 120mm case mounting holes and no mods. I was able to do while just barely clearing the cpu power cords. The only thing I had to do was go to home depot and buy 8 screws to match the long ones swiftech supplies. the only downfall I can see from is more space taken up inside the case with everything mounted inside, as opposed to have 2 fans and rad inside, and 2 fans mounted outside. If anybody would like a pic of what I am talking about let me know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #312 of 20904 Old 03-13-2013, 01:17 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 234
some things i'd like to see in future designs if swiftech is going to pursue this market:

1. design a pump with 2 barbs on one side, this will probably improve compatibility with more motherboards.

2. instead of gluing the plate on the top pump, allow it to be removed and re-mountable in 90 degree turns. I removed mine and found that you can only flip it 180. Also broke one of the little pins holding the top plate as I was prying on it to reorient it. I was able to put it back to the original position without any problems.

3.7Ghz Phenom II B50 Quadproof.gif 3.3GHz Athlon X2 7750 proof.gif

i like to edit my posts, cause i keep thinking of other things to type. redface.gif

Developing my DIY/Review Youtube channel, search for "ez12a" on youtube. check it out!thumb.gif
Latest Video(s):
H220 unboxing/install, 600T Water Cooled, How to Use SpeedFan, Installing a home network thumb.gif
post #313 of 20904 Old 03-13-2013, 01:28 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamMT View Post

Why do you have four PWM splitters?

I was going to run a bunch of Helix PWM fans in my SM8 + Pedestal but later changed my mind to GT AP-15 fans on an Aquaero 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez12a View Post

... broke one of the little pins holding the top plate as I was prying on it to reorient it.

I started to pry it off but it felt so tight that I gave up for that exact reason. If I try again in the future I'll just be very careful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #314 of 20904 Old 03-13-2013, 01:46 PM
2.4ghz

Liked: 31
What performance difference would I see from the Thermalright Silver Arrow to the H220?

I love my SA, but I've grown tired of it's oversize mass and difficult installation in the case.

Oh, also what difference would I see from the H2O-X20 Elite Series? From what i understand the only difference is the pump/cpu block?

post #315 of 20904 Old 03-13-2013, 02:46 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez12a View Post

some things i'd like to see in future designs if swiftech is going to pursue this market:

1. design a pump with 2 barbs on one side, this will probably improve compatibility with more motherboards.

This is the reason I'm not looking forward to installing on my ASRock Z77e-Itx. Probably going to have to turn it sideways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhalmel View Post

Oh, also what difference would I see from the H2O-X20 Elite Series? From what i understand the only difference is the pump/cpu block?

This. From what I understand the Apogee II is very over-engineered (for many users) and a stronger pump. It costs $140 to buy separately. I still bought it because I like the looks better.
post #316 of 20904 Old 03-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Commodore 64

Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by WALSRU View Post

This is the reason I'm not looking forward to installing on my ASRock Z77e-Itx. Probably going to have to turn it sideways.

Go back and read my mini review wink.gif

You need low profile ram, the cooler will likely hit your chipset heatsink near the IO ports if you turn it sideways you block your PCIe. It fits, it just slightly touches the chipset heatsink.

I'll upload the pictures I took of it last night, right now I gotta figure out why my PCIe slot isn't working after my H220 install.. I got 2 freaking titans sitting collecting dust frown.gif

Chimp Challenge Participant  15 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #317 of 20904 Old 03-13-2013, 02:59 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 50
My ram is pretty low profile so I shoooould be ok. Seems like the Apogee sits a bit higher too.
post #318 of 20904 Old 03-13-2013, 04:01 PM

Liked: 0
Hi guys, someone already tried to put the h220 in a Corsair 600t with a sabertooth z77 without mod's?
post #319 of 20904 Old 03-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGoat View Post

in:

Looking good MadGoat - nice to see another RV02 / H220 combo. How did you 'fix' your H220 to the top of the case fans?
post #320 of 20904 Old 03-13-2013, 04:20 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 26
FYI, I could not fit the H220 at the bottom of my particular CaseLabs SM8 build. I have three 25mm thick FlexBay intakes and a bottom mounted AX1200i PSU. I'd have to remove the lowest FlexBay intake or relocate the PSU to make it work. I'm not doing that. So that leaves H220 mounting in a FlexBay 240 Radiator Mount or in the rad mounts up top.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page