hey guys
I think now I have all the parts for water cooling. My parts
EX360
EX240
EK-DDC X-RES 140 CSQ
MCP355
EK Supremacy
EK 7970 CSQ

now before I start putting everything together, would this work or what is the best configuration?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 117 Old 03-08-2013, 08:07 PM
WaterCooler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
have a look at the thread I started before, roughly the same thing though yours is on a much bigger scale lol thumb.gif

I would thinking that going to the CPU then GPU would be a good idea, but im just guessing

http://www.overclock.net/t/1369091/i-thought-i-would-photoshop-my-proposed-loop

-=]░▒▓███ OCN Water Cooling Club ███▓▒░[=-
-=]░▒▓███ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club ███▓▒░[=-
post #3 of 117 Old 03-09-2013, 12:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 64
That would certainly work though it isn't optimal Tanton,

the way your doing it your feeding cold water to the reservoir and the pump, the chips need that water. It it would be best to go Reservoir>Pump>240Rad>CPU>360RAD>GPU>Reservoir, Basically the entire system will have a certain amount oh heat it will dissipate and this will stay the same no matter where the parts are. howver the temperature at different parts of the loop will be different, so the pump will put heat in the water, then the GPU will ad more and you CPU will be getting pretty sweaty with all that hot water on it.

There's a whole complex thermodynamics theory behind it I won't go into (unless you want me to smile.gif )

So basically what you want is to have the radiators cooling the water just before it gets to the waterblocks so they get the coolest water, (and another one after the GPU to cool the water for the CPU to use)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 117 Old 03-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Security Sleuth

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickeelion View Post

That would certainly work though it isn't optimal Tanton,

the way your doing it your feeding cold water to the reservoir and the pump, the chips need that water. It it would be best to go Reservoir>Pump>240Rad>CPU>360RAD>GPU>Reservoir, Basically the entire system will have a certain amount oh heat it will dissipate and this will stay the same no matter where the parts are. howver the temperature at different parts of the loop will be different, so the pump will put heat in the water, then the GPU will ad more and you CPU will be getting pretty sweaty with all that hot water on it.

There's a whole complex thermodynamics theory behind it I won't go into (unless you want me to smile.gif )

So basically what you want is to have the radiators cooling the water just before it gets to the waterblocks so they get the coolest water, (and another one after the GPU to cool the water for the CPU to use)

i don't want to be an ass and just say no, but the loop order only matters to around 1-2c difference, all you want to do is make sure the res is before the pump.
post #5 of 117 Old 03-09-2013, 12:48 PM
WaterCooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainn View Post

i don't want to be an ass and just say no, but the loop order only matters to around 1-2c difference, all you want to do is make sure the res is before the pump.

Is that true though? when the water comes out the CPU its one temp, then it goes into a GPU it must then take on more temp, then into the other GPU takes on even more than past memory it would take on even more then through the rad for it to cool,

It must make a difference from a normal loop to one that's been designed by a nugget.... "me" for example

post #6 of 117 Old 03-09-2013, 12:54 PM
Security Sleuth

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liqu1dShadow View Post

Is that true though? when the water comes out the CPU its one temp, then it goes into a GPU it must then take on more temp, then into the other GPU takes on even more than past memory it would take on even more then through the rad for it to cool,

It must make a difference from a normal loop to one that's been designed by a nugget.... "me" for example
No, one of the biggest things i've learned from liquid cooling is the temperature difference is going to be minimal, the liquid temp is going to equal out throughout the entire loop, making the loop order unimportant as long as the res gravity feeds into the pump.
post #7 of 117 Old 03-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Amiga 500

Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liqu1dShadow View Post

It's true it makes hardly any difference, better to have less tubing and tidy
post #8 of 117 Old 03-09-2013, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 1
thank you very much. How about this. res > pump > 240rad > gpu > 360 rad > cpu > res

edit: I just saw the other comments. I think it looks cleaner like this.

post #9 of 117 Old 03-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainn View Post

No, one of the biggest things i've learned from liquid cooling is the temperature difference is going to be minimal, the liquid temp is going to equal out throughout the entire loop, making the loop order unimportant as long as the res gravity feeds into the pump.

^^^^this^^^^
Your loop order doesn't matter at all. Pump after res and pump below res is all you need. The rest won't matter at all. Go for the look that gives you the most satisfaction.

Cheers cheers.gif

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

post #10 of 117 Old 03-09-2013, 04:13 PM
WaterCooler

What would be the temp drop of that setup? Comp to just running a single 360,

Would I see a noticeable difference from a CPU only loop with a 480 or 360 over a 240mm rad?

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page