Pump noise from Swiftech MCP655 - Possibly stuck air - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-04-2013, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter
♪ Cruisin' down the street in my 6-4 ♪

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Hi everyone, I'm having an issue when I start my computer every second or third time, even from sleep mode, my pump makes a noise which (from reading) makes me think it gets stuck on an air bubble. When I heard this I try and turn off the system and bleed it out, then turn it back on, and repeat until the noise goes away. Anyway, this afternoon I bled the system 8 times or so, and then just gave up and the system won and it started with the noise. A few minutes later the noise went away, presumably the system worked itself over the air bubble.

Does this sound like stuck air, and if so, how can I prevent this from happening again?

Chimp Challenge Participant  15 Million+ Folding at Home points  Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-04-2013, 05:33 PM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 17
IT could be air, you could try un mounting the pump from the case and moving it around to try to work the air out if their is any in there. do you have anything clear in your loop? block, hose, res, whatever just something you can see the water flow and check for bubbles? how long as the loop been up and running, it may take some time for all the little bubbles to work their way out of the system. If its an option i would take down the pump and inspect for any damage or a cause for the noise. maybe pump some water with it and listen to how it sounds. as for preventing it if it is air, just make sure the pump intake has a constant supply of water and no chance of getting air, then once the loop doesn't have any air it will stay that way

Chimp Challenge Participant 

post #3 of 3 Old 04-04-2013, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter
♪ Cruisin' down the street in my 6-4 ♪

Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_ocho View Post

IT could be air, you could try un mounting the pump from the case and moving it around to try to work the air out if their is any in there. do you have anything clear in your loop? block, hose, res, whatever just something you can see the water flow and check for bubbles? how long as the loop been up and running, it may take some time for all the little bubbles to work their way out of the system. If its an option i would take down the pump and inspect for any damage or a cause for the noise. maybe pump some water with it and listen to how it sounds. as for preventing it if it is air, just make sure the pump intake has a constant supply of water and no chance of getting air, then once the loop doesn't have any air it will stay that way
Hi, the loop has been set up for well over 2 years, but just been in my possession for 2 days so far. I have clear tubing, as in I can see air bubbles going through it if that was to happen. I figured this out this morning when I tilted the case on it's side to take some of the RAM out, but then bled the system for probably 3 minutes before starting again to get the air out. Mind you, I've heard this noise since yesterday morning, when I started the PC for the second time.

The loop should have a constant supply, the pump is well below the res, and gravity automatically should be flowing water into the pump, which is around a foot below the res.

Chimp Challenge Participant  15 Million+ Folding at Home points  Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page