Cooler Master / Alphacool Eisberg Owners Club - Page 66 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #651 of 777 Old 10-30-2015, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hm...that's a rough post to follow with an 'I want to buy...' sort of question. biggrin.gif

I take it the Eisberg 2 in a preclosed loop system (e.g. 120) is still not out yet? I did read thru the last 10 pages or so, from approx. where Alphacool got the Eisberg back under their own name vs. manufacturing for CoolerMaster. Saw a lot of hints about it and a couple videos..but don't think I saw anything conclusive.

Currently going to install a Deepcool Captain 120 because it looks kinda cute. (Yeah, sorry, I'm one of those) But the initial hardware I got with it was bad enough (nut/spring parts that just won't thread onto the posts) and I've read enough about the plastic that supports the metal brackets breaking off the block, that I don't entirely trust it. The Eis looks like a quite suitable visual replacement. All the other AIOs leave me kind of ho hum.

I'll be trying to find my own hardware to complete assembly (or if I'm slow, Deepcool has said they're sending me replacements based on my description), and have a good air cooler waiting in the wings as a backup. So I'm not in any rush. But does appear to be enough noise complaints with the Eisberg '1' (which is what I assume Performance-PCs currently has in stock) that I'd rather wait for the upgrade, if I do indeed change out.

System is Has-E 5930K btw....MSI X99A Xpower mobo, RAM slots fully populated (8 x 8GB) hence the preference for a relatively small block vs. a massive cooler that I may have to move the fan to barely cover to clear RAM. Plus the looks factor. wink.gif I don't really intend anything other than a mild overclock "just because I can" if at all. Case overall should be well vented - Caselabs Mercury S8 with 3 side/bottom fans and 6 top, all blowing in to overpressure, and supplement a push-only fan on the CPU rez in the 140mm back hole position as the output.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #652 of 777 Old 10-30-2015, 02:28 PM

Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrski View Post

Hm...that's a rough post to follow with an 'I want to buy...' sort of question. biggrin.gif

I take it the Eisberg 2 in a preclosed loop system (e.g. 120) is still not out yet? I did read thru the last 10 pages or so, from approx. where Alphacool got the Eisberg back under their own name vs. manufacturing for CoolerMaster. Saw a lot of hints about it and a couple videos..but don't think I saw anything conclusive.

Currently going to install a Deepcool Captain 120 because it looks kinda cute. (Yeah, sorry, I'm one of those) But the initial hardware I got with it was bad enough (nut/spring parts that just won't thread onto the posts) and I've read enough about the plastic that supports the metal brackets breaking off the block, that I don't entirely trust it. The Eis looks like a quite suitable visual replacement. All the other AIOs leave me kind of ho hum.

I'll be trying to find my own hardware to complete assembly (or if I'm slow, Deepcool has said they're sending me replacements based on my description), and have a good air cooler waiting in the wings as a backup. So I'm not in any rush. But does appear to be enough noise complaints with the Eisberg '1' (which is what I assume Performance-PCs currently has in stock) that I'd rather wait for the upgrade, if I do indeed change out.

System is Has-E 5930K btw....MSI X99A Xpower mobo, RAM slots fully populated (8 x 8GB) hence the preference for a relatively small block vs. a massive cooler that I may have to move the fan to barely cover to clear RAM. Plus the looks factor. wink.gif I don't really intend anything other than a mild overclock "just because I can" if at all. Case overall should be well vented - Caselabs Mercury S8 with 3 side/bottom fans and 6 top, all blowing in to overpressure, and supplement a push-only fan on the CPU rez in the 140mm back hole position as the output.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/complete-kits/alphacool-eisberg-120-cpu-black.html

But can it run.... Angry Birds???

About the NVidia GTX 970
"When comes down to it, it's really a $250 card with lies printed all over the box."--Rexer
post #653 of 777 Old 10-30-2015, 07:21 PM

(Sigh.) Do you know for a fact that is VERSION 2 of the pump/rez? I see no such indication to assure me either way. If I already mention finding it at Per-PC, how does just linking help me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #654 of 777 Old 10-31-2015, 02:00 AM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 68

Pretty certain this is original version just the alphacool version for the eu market.
post #655 of 777 Old 10-31-2015, 04:07 AM

Liked: 2
Currently there is no v2 available. I didn't even got a rsponse from alphacool when it will be launched.
post #656 of 777 Old 10-31-2015, 07:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

I´d say stay away. (Remember, this is only my opinion) Don´t waste your money on the Eisberg, it´s poorly manufactured, engineered and assembled.
It´s so loud that there´s no way anyone can run it at 12v without ear-protection.
Maintaining your loop with the Eisberg is a pain, especially in a tower case. If you´re just using it prefilled this could be a non-issue.

Some of the specifications may be flat out lies. The pump in the Eisberg supposedly delivers 400l/h, 2.2 m head pressure, at 3600 rpm at less than 25 dBA.
Unless Alphacool uses some new exclusive pump in the Eisberg, the only comparable product is the DC-LT 3600, same RPM´s, same head-pressure and the same power draw (not listed on the Eisberg, but I checked the current and it pulled 0,5A@12v, that´s 6W) the DC-LT is listed at 5,9W.
Yet the DC-LT only has a 120L/h flow rate, more than 3 times less than the Eisberg.

I´m speculating here, remember that. Until I physically break open the Eisberg and check what´s actually in there, I can´t know for sure.

I´ve finally replaced the "ScheißeBerg" with these lovely things

It might just be my horrible, horrible, horrible experience with the "LIESberg" but the EK and Phobya gear just oozes quality, and it was an absolute delight to rebuild my loop.
The EK pump is quieter at 12 volts than the Eisberg was at 7, heck even at 5 volts the high-pitch whine of the unit drove me crazy.

Make of this what you will. Again, all my personal opinion.

OP, strike me off the owners list, please.

Ps. Word-jokes FTW I´m not even German:)
Ds.
post #657 of 777 Old 10-31-2015, 07:09 AM

I'd sign that.
post #658 of 777 Old 10-31-2015, 07:51 AM

Good Phakendeutschen.

I appreciate the warning, from your posts it does seem like you got a dud. Noise is one of the reasons I'd like to wait on v2, and I do plan on only using closed-AIO not expanding. I have yet to find any AIO that doesn't have some complaints of noise, pump failure, leaks, whatever. Assuming my backup air cooler fits over my RAM OK, I may just go back that route, unfortunately. Especially since my case seats the motherboard sitting horizontal (Caselabs Mercury S8). At least Alphacool should be a step up from Corsair or Coolermaster general consumer AIOs, once they get the bugs squashed... or so I hoped.
post #659 of 777 Old 11-02-2015, 02:26 AM

Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Dude View Post

Currently there is no v2 available. I didn't even got a rsponse from alphacool when it will be launched.

Should be out in around 1-2 months we hope its getting basically ready just getting tested to destruction at the moment. But the pump in this one is literally silent i have heard it myself.

post #660 of 777 Old 11-02-2015, 02:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Pascal View Post

Should be out in around 1-2 months we hope its getting basically ready just getting tested to destruction at the moment. But the pump in this one is literally silent i have heard it myself.

You said the same 2-3 months ago tongue.gif

Would it be a potential upgrade from my Corsair H100i?

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page