Corsair H100i, H80i, or air? - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-16-2013, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Send a message via AIM to rawfuls
Coming from a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ with pretty good opinions..but, motherboard not playing too nicely with it.

I've been thinking about going prebuilt water coolers, and I'm currently deciding between the Corsair H80i and the Corsair H100i.
Especially since I'll be moving into my college dorm in about a week, I'd like to NOT be that annoying kid with a kickass gaming rig..but obscenely loud.

What do you all think?

The H80i rad would probably exhaust through the rear fan, and the 100i would probably exhaust through the top.

Are either quieter than my Hyper 212+ or cooler?
The main reason, is because my board seems to act up with my 212+ cooler (if it moves the slightest bit), it will throw the "New CPU detected, please configure through BIOS" code on bootup, and often will give me a black screen on bootup.

Opinions and recommendations welcome!
Going into my Cooler Master Storm Trooper (can support the rad for the H100i in the top, exhaust).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-16-2013, 03:35 AM
PC Gamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 95
I have had a few H80i's and they have all been faulty. I then decided to go back to my trusty D14. Then I got the upgrade bug and bought the H100i on sale and never looked back. It is louder than my D14 but I have it connected to a fan controller and run the fans at 1200RPM. Temps don't go above 55 whilst playing games and it's fairly quiet.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page