Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 11-03-2013, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter
333mhz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Hi guys,

So I'm currently running a leak test on my PC at the moment. As you can see, there are HEAPS of tiny little air bubbles in the res. Will these go over time?

I have the top of the res open to allow air to escape during the leak test. How long do I keep it open before plugging it up? I've shaken the PC to help get the bubbles and it has worked so far. But there is a lot of little bubbles in the res still.

With my loop design, will bubbles get trapped in the rad on top?

Parts used:
Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 560mm Rad
EK RES X3 250 Res
SK Supremacy CPU Water block full nickel
EK D5 Vario 12 DC Pump / EK D5 X-TOP CSQ - Acetal
Bitspower compression fittings
Noctua NF-A14 FLX 140mm fans x 4 (so far)

Thanks everyone!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-03-2013, 11:42 AM
WaterCooler

Liked: 163
Flush the rad, flux could clog the blocks or worst yet damage your pump. Then rinse your reservoir to make sure it's clean.

The more precautions you take early on the less trouble you'll have later down the road.

Once that's done, set everything back up and wait for your cards to arrive!

Good luck! thumb.gif

Mod Of The Month October 2012  Foldathon Folder - 2012 Participant  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  30 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #3 of 7 Old 11-03-2013, 03:15 PM
17.6 liters

Liked: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexii22 View Post

2) Inside the reservoir, there is this vortex material type stuff, I really don't see it sitting in place, its very light and fairly loose i think the power of the pump will suck it down through the tube into the pump (might actually remove this lol)

No don't remove, it's fine. The vortex stuff doesn't impede flow and won't be sucked down. What it does is stop a lot of the tiny bubbles you get when you first prime the pump.

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  Foldathon Folder - 2012 Participant  Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant  250 Million Folding Points  Foldathon Participant 2015  Foldathon Participant 2016  Foldathon Participant 2017 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-03-2013, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter
333mhz

OOk cool thanks guys!

post #5 of 7 Old 11-03-2013, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter
333mhz

bump*

change of title/questions regarding leak test.

thanks!

post #6 of 7 Old 11-03-2013, 10:50 PM
733mhz

Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexii22 View Post

Hi guys,

So I'm currently running a leak test on my PC at the moment. As you can see, there are HEAPS of tiny little air bubbles in the res. Will these go over time?

Yes. biggrin.gif It's completely normal to see a lot of little bubbles for the first few days.

There's no purpose to keeping the res open while you work out the bubbles, either. The air doesn't need to escape, it needs to collect in one place. And it will do that whether the res is open or not. In fact, by leaving it open, you are allowing an entry point for air-borne mold spores/bacteria etc. so I hope you are using some kind of biocide or kill-coil.

Also, I hope you don't mind me saying this, but it's kind of against an internet forums' fundamental purpose to erase and completely re-write an original post like it seems was done. The whole idea is that people's questions, answers, and comments are preserved, so other people can come along and read it later. That way, stuff posted here continues helping the entire community, instead of just disappearing and only helping the handful of people who happened to read it before it was taken down. There's nothing wrong with starting a whole new topic, or adding a new post, if you want to ask something else. smile.gif
post #7 of 7 Old 11-04-2013, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter
333mhz

Threephi - Thanks for your help! Excellent, that has helped me move forward.

And you're completely right, I shouldn't have wiped my original post. Thankfully it didn't really include anything people would find too useful but in future I'll make another post.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page