[Build Log] Revitalized X58, Into the Red! *Updated *01-13-2014 * - Page 7 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 103 Old 12-12-2013, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile
 
Banedox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Worcester, MA
Posts: 1,237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by morencyam View Post

Yeah, I'd come right off one of the extra ports on the bottom radiator. A valve fitting with a plug would work great right there. Then when you want to drain take off the plug and attach another regular fitting with a length of tube then open the valve and water will flow

Alright cool thats what I was planning, might have to buy a couple more fittings or adapters and when not to get it how i like.

So does it matter what ports I connect the in and out 2?
Banedox is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 103 Old 12-12-2013, 02:54 PM
PC Gamer
 
morencyam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 4,895
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 278
QDC's would work there too instead of a valve

Nope, just as long as they are on different sides so water doesn't go in one fitting and out the other without passing through the radiator.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
morencyam is offline  
post #63 of 103 Old 12-12-2013, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile
 
Banedox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Worcester, MA
Posts: 1,237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Just Mounted the Reservoir and Pump in my Case!



Im also having trouble now remembering what screws went where and screwing screws back in cause of the paint job...
Banedox is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 103 Old 12-13-2013, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile
 
Banedox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Worcester, MA
Posts: 1,237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hey All, Right now I am attempting to clean out my 2 Alphacool UT60 480 Rads....

So I am just using hot tap water and then rinsing with Distilled...

So how many rinses is enough and like force of shaking and such... Like right now i see some faint copter particles but the water is rather clean, I have done like 5 fills and empty's of tap and and did 2 rinses with distilled that enough? I would take a picture but it would would be hard to tell.
Banedox is offline  
post #65 of 103 Old 12-13-2013, 02:40 PM
PC Gamer
 
morencyam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 4,895
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Keep flushing with tap until no more particles come out. I always shake as hard as I can. You won't damage the rads unless you accidentally smack them against something while shaking. Then a single flush with distilled should be good.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
morencyam is offline  
post #66 of 103 Old 12-13-2013, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile
 
Banedox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Worcester, MA
Posts: 1,237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by morencyam View Post

Keep flushing with tap until no more particles come out. I always shake as hard as I can. You won't damage the rads unless you accidentally smack them against something while shaking. Then a single flush with distilled should be good.

alright my fingers were starting to hurt from screwing and unscrewed the caps....
Banedox is offline  
post #67 of 103 Old 12-13-2013, 02:53 PM
PC Gamer
 
morencyam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 4,895
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Just wait until you start screwing on the compression fitting rings. You're fingers will be raw. I highly recommend mechanic gloves to prevent that

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
morencyam is offline  
post #68 of 103 Old 12-18-2013, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile
 
Banedox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Worcester, MA
Posts: 1,237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by morencyam View Post

Just wait until you start screwing on the compression fitting rings. You're fingers will be raw. I highly recommend mechanic gloves to prevent that

Oh I already have started that lol, i should have gotten a better tube cutter, i grabed a 10 dollar swiftech one..

Geeze how clean is clean, like how many times should i need to flush and shake to get it tip top clean...


Also, just got my X5660 CPU, now waiting on my glorious EVGA 780 TI Classified card, and another order from performance PCS for some nick nack fittings and a GPU block!
Banedox is offline  
post #69 of 103 Old 12-18-2013, 02:10 PM
PC Gamer
 
morencyam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 4,895
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banedox View Post

Oh I already have started that lol, i should have gotten a better tube cutter, i grabed a 10 dollar swiftech one..

Geeze how clean is clean, like how many times should i need to flush and shake to get it tip top clean...


Also, just got my X5660 CPU, now waiting on my glorious EVGA 780 TI Classified card, and another order from performance PCS for some nick nack fittings and a GPU block!

Until no more crap comes out. I think I ended up doing it around 10 times or so. And no need for a fancy tube cutter. A razor blade or kitchen scissors work just as well for me.
Grats on the new card and block. I really need to start thinking about a GPU upgrade. My gtx470's still hanging in there pretty well but start to show their age in some places

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
morencyam is offline  
post #70 of 103 Old 12-18-2013, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile
 
Banedox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Worcester, MA
Posts: 1,237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by morencyam View Post

Until no more crap comes out. I think I ended up doing it around 10 times or so. And no need for a fancy tube cutter. A razor blade or kitchen scissors work just as well for me.
Grats on the new card and block. I really need to start thinking about a GPU upgrade. My gtx470's still hanging in there pretty well but start to show their age in some places

Yeah I have been running a 560 ti 2gb and before that a gtx 275

I have rinsed out each rad at least 10 times but if you look really close you can see tiny tiny copper particles, at this point I think I am seeing diminishing returns, how long did you shake and bake before for each emptying?
Banedox is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off