[Build Log] Revitalized X58, Into the Red! *Updated *01-13-2014 * - Page 7 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 103 Old 12-12-2013, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by morencyam View Post

Yeah, I'd come right off one of the extra ports on the bottom radiator. A valve fitting with a plug would work great right there. Then when you want to drain take off the plug and attach another regular fitting with a length of tube then open the valve and water will flow

Alright cool thats what I was planning, might have to buy a couple more fittings or adapters and when not to get it how i like.

So does it matter what ports I connect the in and out 2?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 103 Old 12-12-2013, 02:54 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 278
QDC's would work there too instead of a valve

Nope, just as long as they are on different sides so water doesn't go in one fitting and out the other without passing through the radiator.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
post #63 of 103 Old 12-12-2013, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile

Just Mounted the Reservoir and Pump in my Case!

Im also having trouble now remembering what screws went where and screwing screws back in cause of the paint job...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 103 Old 12-13-2013, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile

Hey All, Right now I am attempting to clean out my 2 Alphacool UT60 480 Rads....

So I am just using hot tap water and then rinsing with Distilled...

So how many rinses is enough and like force of shaking and such... Like right now i see some faint copter particles but the water is rather clean, I have done like 5 fills and empty's of tap and and did 2 rinses with distilled that enough? I would take a picture but it would would be hard to tell.
post #65 of 103 Old 12-13-2013, 02:40 PM
PC Gamer

Keep flushing with tap until no more particles come out. I always shake as hard as I can. You won't damage the rads unless you accidentally smack them against something while shaking. Then a single flush with distilled should be good.

post #66 of 103 Old 12-13-2013, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile

Quote:

Keep flushing with tap until no more particles come out. I always shake as hard as I can. You won't damage the rads unless you accidentally smack them against something while shaking. Then a single flush with distilled should be good.

alright my fingers were starting to hurt from screwing and unscrewed the caps....
post #67 of 103 Old 12-13-2013, 02:53 PM
PC Gamer

Just wait until you start screwing on the compression fitting rings. You're fingers will be raw. I highly recommend mechanic gloves to prevent that

post #68 of 103 Old 12-18-2013, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile

Quote:

Just wait until you start screwing on the compression fitting rings. You're fingers will be raw. I highly recommend mechanic gloves to prevent that

Oh I already have started that lol, i should have gotten a better tube cutter, i grabed a 10 dollar swiftech one..

Geeze how clean is clean, like how many times should i need to flush and shake to get it tip top clean...

Also, just got my X5660 CPU, now waiting on my glorious EVGA 780 TI Classified card, and another order from performance PCS for some nick nack fittings and a GPU block!
post #69 of 103 Old 12-18-2013, 02:10 PM
PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banedox View Post

Oh I already have started that lol, i should have gotten a better tube cutter, i grabed a 10 dollar swiftech one..

Geeze how clean is clean, like how many times should i need to flush and shake to get it tip top clean...

Also, just got my X5660 CPU, now waiting on my glorious EVGA 780 TI Classified card, and another order from performance PCS for some nick nack fittings and a GPU block!

Until no more crap comes out. I think I ended up doing it around 10 times or so. And no need for a fancy tube cutter. A razor blade or kitchen scissors work just as well for me.
Grats on the new card and block. I really need to start thinking about a GPU upgrade. My gtx470's still hanging in there pretty well but start to show their age in some places

post #70 of 103 Old 12-18-2013, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter
Audiophile

Quote:

Until no more crap comes out. I think I ended up doing it around 10 times or so. And no need for a fancy tube cutter. A razor blade or kitchen scissors work just as well for me.
Grats on the new card and block. I really need to start thinking about a GPU upgrade. My gtx470's still hanging in there pretty well but start to show their age in some places

Yeah I have been running a 560 ti 2gb and before that a gtx 275

I have rinsed out each rad at least 10 times but if you look really close you can see tiny tiny copper particles, at this point I think I am seeing diminishing returns, how long did you shake and bake before for each emptying?

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page