post #4481 of 6464 Old 09-25-2015, 06:15 AM
Overclocker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorphius View Post

Unless maybe he's using the Corsair HG10 or whatever their AIO mount is??? I think it may be out now.... Either way, yeah... I'm not really sure what he's talking about.

Yeah i was aware of the corsair version but hes been posting in this thread a good bit IIRC, i was wondering if hes been in the wrong place the whole time. LOL

▒█▓♦ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 980 Owner's Club ♦█▓▒█▓
If arrogance and superiority complexes could generate electricity, OCN would rule the world!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4482 of 6464 Old 09-25-2015, 06:35 PM
Commodore 64

Liked: 0
Guys, I have a MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G, I want your opinion on what I should do next, I have the option on spending a lot of extra cash and go full custom loop with a full cover EK block

or

Get the NZXT Kraken G10 and a NZXT AIO, which I'm sure it will be much cheaper but at what cost? I want not only low temps but I'm much after silence.

Is a D5 Vario pump as silent or even more silent than NZXT AIO Pump?
Will my VRM on MSI GTX 980 Ti gaming run a risk of being damaged with Kraken G10?
Ultimately what would you suggest? whats the safer, quieter, ultimately better way to go?
post #4483 of 6464 Old 09-25-2015, 07:15 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siamak8286 View Post

Guys, I have a MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G, I want your opinion on what I should do next, I have the option on spending a lot of extra cash and go full custom loop with a full cover EK block

or

Get the NZXT Kraken G10 and a NZXT AIO, which I'm sure it will be much cheaper but at what cost? I want not only low temps but I'm much after silence.

Will my VRM on MSI GTX 980 Ti gaming run a risk of being damaged with Kraken G10?
Ultimately what would you suggest?whats the safer, quieter, ultimately better way to go?

How would your vrms be at risk of being damaged exactly?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4484 of 6464 Old 09-25-2015, 07:21 PM
Commodore 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWingerRyRy View Post

How would your vrms be at risk of being damaged exactly?
I don't really know as Im not sure if the single fan in back is enough for vrm and vram, also the more important questions which are not answered is:

Is a D5 Vario pump as silent or even more silent than NZXT AIO Pump? or the NZXT AIO pump is more silent?

Ultimately what would you suggest? whats the safer, quieter, ultimately better way to go?
post #4485 of 6464 Old 09-25-2015, 08:41 PM

Liked: 47
Quote:

or

Noise is subjective so it's difficult to say. A lot depends on your case, fan speeds, etc. The MSI card is PERFECT for the G10 because of its midplate, which keeps the vrms cool with the g10 installed. If money isn't an issue then a custom loop will be better 100% of the time, but a g10 will be close for a fraction of the price.
post #4486 of 6464 Old 09-25-2015, 08:58 PM
Commodore 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorphius View Post

Noise is subjective so it's difficult to say. A lot depends on your case, fan speeds, etc. The MSI card is PERFECT for the G10 because of its midplate, which keeps the vrms cool with the g10 installed. If money isn't an issue then a custom loop will be better 100% of the time, but a g10 will be close for a fraction of the price.
Money is not an issue here at all, but with risk of leaks, maintenance, etc... would it still be a better option in my situation? I just went though several corsair and nzxt AIO since most of had some sort of constant buzzzzz that my ears are very sensitive and therefor started researching custom loops and the famous D5 Vario pump. so to answer your question I am perfectly fine to spend triple the money on a custom loop as long as I can have peace of mind that I won't have the buzzzz, whine, etc... noise that I experienced with the past few AIO coolers I bought. I am also using a Corsair H100i GTX right now as I'm typing which I sorta managed to keep quite by undervolting it to about 9v.
post #4487 of 6464 Old 09-25-2015, 09:07 PM

Liked: 47
Quote:

Money is not an issue here at all, but with risk of leaks, maintenance, etc... would it still be a better option in my situation? I just went though several corsair and nzxt AIO since most of had some sort of constant buzzzzz that my ears are very sensitive and therefor started researching custom loops and the famous D5 Vario pump. so to answer your question I am perfectly fine to spend triple the money on a custom loop as long as I can have peace of mind that I won't have the buzzzz, whine, etc... noise that I experienced with the past few AIO coolers I bought. I am also using a Corsair H100i GTX right now as I'm typing which I sorta managed to keep quite by undervolting it to about 9v.
Well in that case, pick up a full cover block for your 980ti and go with the custom loop. I know what you mean with the constant buzzing from some of the AIO pumps, but like you said... you can generally keep that pretty toned down -- especially with a more powerful standalone pump -- using a PWM controller.
post #4488 of 6464 Old 09-25-2015, 10:11 PM

Liked: 30
Quote:

I'm using a Corsair H60 (for my CPU) and two H55's on my GPUs (R9 290's) and not one of them produces any pump noise that I could detect - and that's with putting my ear right up close. I keep all my fans running nice a slow at system idle, so it's not like my fans are drowning out the sound of the pumps. They're simply dead silent. smile.gif
post #4489 of 6464 Old 09-26-2015, 04:22 AM

Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEC-777 View Post

I'm using a Corsair H60 (for my CPU) and two H55's on my GPUs (R9 290's) and not one of them produces any pump noise that I could detect - and that's with putting my ear right up close. I keep all my fans running nice a slow at system idle, so it's not like my fans are drowning out the sound of the pumps. They're simply dead silent. smile.gif

Make sure all of those pump speeds are mazed out as you can break the pump if they're not.
post #4490 of 6464 Old 09-26-2015, 06:32 AM

Liked: 3
Does anybody know if the HG10 will come with a faceplate? As in it's own custom one?

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page