Forum Jump: 

post #1411 of 4515 Old 02-04-2016, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvillaveces View Post

Now THAT is bad news. I have several 1m boxes of unused Monsoon PETG tube in inventory, and I am most definitely not going to use the free center fittings again. Using 16mm fittings on 5/8" tubing is a bad idea, and if the Economy line won't be available for my next build I'll have no fittings available rolleyes.gif

I wouldnt worry just yet,

This is from Gene a few days ago in this thread.

"The current Economy fittings are orphans as they are not interchangeable. We have a new economy fitting coming out that allows them to "join the family" but will also fit a fairly wide range of hard tube sizes so they are not just limited to imperial tube. I will be posting information on them in a few weeks as they have one more "trick" I think you guys might like...or some will anyway."

That also leads me to think the economy's are not EOL so I am super confused.

My siggy so empty frown.gif
Favorite OCN Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakusonfire go_quote.gif

You are just talking more and more nonsense now. It's time to take this back to whatever noob forum it came from.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 4515 Old 02-04-2016, 10:12 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Locc View Post

Quote:

Now THAT is bad news. I have several 1m boxes of unused Monsoon PETG tube in inventory, and I am most definitely not going to use the free center fittings again. Using 16mm fittings on 5/8" tubing is a bad idea, and if the Economy line won't be available for my next build I'll have no fittings available rolleyes.gif

Maybe primochill will come out with some 5/8s

Unless their looks are immeasurably improved and their quality control goes up a few dozen notches, I'd rather try to figure out how to make a lamp out of my Monsoon tubing than put that stuff in my system
post #1413 of 4515 Old 02-04-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:

Unless their looks are immeasurably improved and their quality control goes up a few dozen notches, I'd rather try to figure out how to make a lamp out of my Monsoon tubing than put that stuff in my system

Umm, Okay. You do relize that monsoon economy fittings are a dead ringer for Primochills right? they even mount the same way. Not sure if you are talking about the first generation "Ghost" fittings that I would agree they are fugly but the new revolvers and monsoon economy's look exactly the same.

Not sure what quality control issues you had but I have 20 revolvers and not a problem with any of them. Not sure exactly how you could mess up QC on a compression fitting.

TBH I prefer the Primochills over the Economy as I dont like the wench gaps in the top, Id rather have the holes, the knurling doesn't bother me but I guess it may some. Hopefully the new Economy's dont have the wrench cut outs.

Quote:

You are just talking more and more nonsense now. It's time to take this back to whatever noob forum it came from.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1414 of 4515 Old 02-05-2016, 02:52 AM

Liked: 31
Primochill ghosts and monsoon economy's look /completely/ different from each other:

I had originally planned on using Ghosts, but I really like the monsoon economy fitting's bevel (I'm planning on using them with black hardline between my GPU's.) Thing is I'm not sure how many GPU's I'm going to have so now I'm fretting on if I should buy a couple packs of the economy before they go away, or hold out for the "new" economy line...

@Gene can you tell us if the new economy line will have that sweet bevel on it?

Also, I'm confused; do I need to replace these conversion kits? I have no (PC) stamps:

post #1415 of 4515 Old 02-05-2016, 02:55 AM

Liked: 0
The Chain Gun Fittings for Hard Tubing but are not EOL???
post #1416 of 4515 Old 02-05-2016, 03:01 AM

Liked: 31
Wait noooo, the chain guns match the MMRS system perfectly and I was pondering replacing my free centers with them...

We need an adult, we're all confused up in here lol
post #1417 of 4515 Old 02-05-2016, 05:58 AM
Handsome.

Liked: 287
Send a message via AIM to DaClownie Send a message via MSN to DaClownie Send a message via Yahoo to DaClownie Send a message via Skype™ to DaClownie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystriss View Post

Wait noooo, the chain guns match the MMRS system perfectly and I was pondering replacing my free centers with them...

We need an adult, we're all confused up in here lol

Economies are EOL. Chaingun are not.

R.I.P. Syrillian - August 13, 2011
Amazing during your time here on earth, but your calling in heaven must be extraordinary.

About drbaltazar's translated posts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strat79 go_quote.gif

i like the!new GPU from AMD!this discovery( could mean !alot ! i like grapes!
post #1418 of 4515 Old 02-05-2016, 05:58 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 57
Woa...take half a day off and fall two days behind =)

EOL..does that stand for End of the Line? If so Economies are "EOL" yes. I just have never liked that design from a performance / use perspective so we went back to the drawing board and improved it substantially. It will also fit a wider range of tube sizes as I get a lot of hate mail for making our fittings for imperial tube size--even though we are an American company...and the industry standard threads EVERY company uses are G 1/4...which is imperial. Go figure =)

I designed Primochill's ORIGINAL Ghost fitting--not the ugly one they came out with later--no offense to the guy doing their designs now.
'
Chain Gun fittings are NOT EOL...no idea who started that. If they are out of stock at your favorite reseller shoot them an email.

The adhesive does have a shelf life of 1 year. We bottle it ourselves--when I say "we" I mean my wife who sits there for hours filling those little black bottles with a syringe. We do that because you can only buy it in One US gal bottles and I have never found an adhesive that works as well. We do NOT mark it up--we sell it to resellers at our cost. If you keep it in the fridge you can extend that life a bit. Never freeze it.

Rep for Monsoon Cooling products.
post #1419 of 4515 Old 02-05-2016, 06:01 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 57
Quote:

Primochill ghosts and monsoon economy's look /completely/ different from each other:

I had originally planned on using Ghosts, but I really like the monsoon economy fitting's bevel (I'm planning on using them with black hardline between my GPU's.) Thing is I'm not sure how many GPU's I'm going to have so now I'm fretting on if I should buy a couple packs of the economy before they go away, or hold out for the "new" economy line...

Also, I'm confused; do I need to replace these conversion kits? I have no (PC) stamps:

I would just for the peace of mind. PM me your shipping info when you are ready to start your build and I will send you some replacement collars and adhesive if needed.

Rep for Monsoon Cooling products.
post #1420 of 4515 Old 02-05-2016, 08:43 AM

Quote:

Well ya I know, however I didnt say they looked like ghosts, I said they looked like revolvers, or the 2 look similar and they do .

The monsoons are a little shorter, have wrench flats and the PCs have knurling and holes however they look very similar. Of course pretty much all fittings look similar lol. Like the ghosts and the EK look similar, the MEs and the PCRs and BP rigids all look very similar.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page