GTX 980 Ti 70C on XSPC Razor Block - Page 8 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #71 of 89 Old 06-24-2016, 01:46 AM
Commodore 64

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1629
What Sp33d Junki3 said sounds logical, but airflow is a fickled witch .. meaning it may not do what we expect.

Simple answer is try it and see if temps are better.
Shiftstealth likes this.

post-flame-small.gifPhanteks Owners Club post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifWays to Better Cooling post-flame-small.gif
post-flame-small.gif1. Controling PWM Case Fans post-flame-small.gif2. Optimizing Case Cooling post-flame-small.gif3. Cooler Size Comparison & Cooling Comparison
post-flame-small.gif
=i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socket
Phanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPU i7 980xCooler R1 Ultimate w/ TY-147A fans RAM Dominator GT 6x2GB GPU ENGTX580 DCUII PSU Corsair TX850 Case [/COLOR]Phanteks Enthoo PrimoBase custom caster base
=i7 980X @ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 89 Old 06-24-2016, 02:26 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

What Sp33d Junki3 said sounds logical, but airflow is a fickled witch .. meaning it may not do what we expect.

Thanks guys, will try it when i get home.

post #73 of 89 Old 06-25-2016, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Tried reversing the fan, and still received the same temps. So after upgrading all my fans to AP-14's, and sitting the top up another half inch, my GPU temps still hit 65C. I still think this is pretty high for a custom loop with 480mm of radiator space. I guess my last hoorah will be to try new paste. Is it possible there is an issue with the GPU block? I might drain it, and look at the block. Not sure yet. I mean yeah, temps are acceptable, but cmon. EVGA hybrid gets better temps with a 120mm aluminum radiator....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 89 Old 06-27-2016, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

As an update. I tried the fan both ways, and not really much of a difference. I have put the top back ontop of the knobs that seat in opposed to standing on the L shaped screw holes. So while playing the division i cap out at 68C. Guess i need to hit up ironside for either A. a new pump , or B. A new GPU block. It has to be one of those 2 causing these high temps. Should i hear the D5 vario if its capped on max speed? I don't really hear anything. I can tell its passing water because temps are.....stable....but i don't hear it.

Thanks!

post #75 of 89 Old 06-27-2016, 11:50 AM

Liked: 5
Have you tried to reapply your TIM / paste on the GPU yet? Every card I have ever waterblocked had quite a bit more paste on it than the picture you posted on page 1. I would try that before throwing more $$$ at it.
Shiftstealth likes this.

post #76 of 89 Old 06-27-2016, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish702 View Post

Have you tried to reapply your TIM / paste on the GPU yet? Every card I have ever waterblocked had quite a bit more paste on it than the picture you posted on page 1. I would try that before throwing more $$$ at it.

Repasting is on the list for me when i get the time!

Thanks!

post #77 of 89 Old 06-30-2016, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Coming back to this guys. It looks like i've done everything other than repaste, and my temps are still at 68C. I'm using a D5 Vario pump, and i don't really hear anything audible coming from it, and i have it turned to 5. Would i be able to hear that pump? Do you recommend that i get a new one?

Thanks!

post #78 of 89 Old 06-30-2016, 11:30 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33d Junki3 View Post

PSU fan wont do anything, if it is under a shroud.
Top can not do intake as no or little intake slots.

The top fans you have is set to exhaust, (Corsair SP120 is not that good, as you do not get a good seal around the rad) you need to follow the diagram that was done to block the extra openings from getting heat back inside case.
The front you want to replace the 140mm fans for 120mm. You could have gone with 280 rad in front which have plenty of room with a 360 rad on top.
Do you know which rad model you have?
Not matter how you cut it the top fans pulling heated air from the case will be worse than fresh air that is limited. So what good will any radiator up top be then??
add the 360mm and pull more heated air though more surface area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftstealth View Post

Coming back to this guys. It looks like i've done everything other than repaste, and my temps are still at 68C. I'm using a D5 Vario pump, and i don't really hear anything audible coming from it, and i have it turned to 5. Would i be able to hear that pump? Do you recommend that i get a new one?

Thanks!
The pump should have a very mildly audible hum. as well as vibrate to the touch. If your reservoir can be seen clearly, drain half the water from it, and run the system. You should see some turbulence in the water. Where did you get the pump from, used, or new?
Shiftstealth likes this.

cigar.gif W3680 @ 4.55ghz 1.33V's 24/7 | Rampage III Extreme | 24gb Ballistix Tactical LP @ 2133 9-9-9-27 1.55v's. cigar.gif
post #79 of 89 Old 06-30-2016, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKreiger View Post

Not matter how you cut it the top fans pulling heated air from the case will be worse than fresh air that is limited. So what good will any radiator up top be then??
add the 360mm and pull more heated air though more surface area.
The pump should have a very mildly audible hum. as well as vibrate to the touch. If your reservoir can be seen clearly, drain half the water from it, and run the system. You should see some turbulence in the water. Where did you get the pump from, used, or new?

I ordered the whole tower from ironside computers. So i'm not sure. I can't, and have never heard the pump over the sound of the fans. I'll have to feel it for vibrations tomorrow when i have time. I think it might be stuck at a lower speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz-qKis6-Fs

Thats the video demo for the pc. You can see in the demo it only goes up to 56c, but its only 3 minutes, and it isn't at 100% load that long.

post #80 of 89 Old 07-01-2016, 12:06 AM

Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftstealth View Post

Thanks!

Have you called ironside about it, what do they think?

If the cpu isn't running hot, I would try reseating the gpu block with new TIM (gelid-gc-extreme is great).

What do you use for cpu stress testing and what temps do you see for it. You might have said earlier in the thread, but I can't remember. RealBench and Aida64 can both do full system stress testing where the gpu and cpu are under load. If during a test like that, the cpu stays cool and the gpu runs hot, the problem is probably not the pump.
Shiftstealth likes this.

2015: i7-5820k @4.4, 980ti FTW @1481/7710, ASUS X99-PRO, Crucial Ballistix 2400 cl12, Silverstone 850W, Swiftech H240X
2010: i7-875k @3.9, 670 FTW @1267/6840, ASUS P7P55D-E-PRO, Crucial Ballistix 1600 cl8, Silverstone 750W, Asetek 550LC

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page