Forum Jump: 

post #21 of 21 Old 08-11-2016, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

The Cryorig R1 will get you the same performance as the D15 at only a few dB louder, and is a lot easier on the eyes.

The 212EVO? It was a great overachiever in 2012......now, not so much. Much better coolers out there, even at the $30 price point.

Thanks for linking me to the Cryorig. I think that will be my definitive CPU cooler for now. Maybe in a couple of months I will look into a custom loop, but for now I don't have the time for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

There are all kinds of very good coolers easily as good as NH-D15, Some are even better, like NH-D14 with same fans is 1c better than D15. tongue.gif

I'm running True Spirit 140 rev.A on my 6700K. Idle / normal use is mid to upper 20s with cooler and case fans at 500rpm. Under extreme load temps go up to high 40s and fans spin up of low 800rpm range.

If we include coolers less than 4c warmer than D15 we can include Thermalright Macho 140 all variants, True Spirit 140 all variants, PH-TC14PE, R1 both variants, H5, Dark Rock Pro 3, and about 30 others.

Honestly how well you setup your case airflow will give you way cooler temps then which of the top coolers you get. Most cases run 10c hotter than the should while many are 15-25c hotter, especially when gaming. Well, unless they are custom H2O systems. biggrin.gif

Thanks dude, I will keep that in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlewbell View Post

The Phanteks PH-TC14PE will give you some more color options in the same performance range as the Noctua & Cryorig 140mm coolers, thought lately on the black & white versions have been in stock, & they're not as amazingly cheap in the UK as they are in the US, & I have no idea what they cost in the rest of Europe.

This one looks nice, but isn't avaible localy. I think I will settle with the Cryorig R1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page