Need help picking raidiators - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 09-02-2016, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm moving my computer to a new case and custom water poling it for the looks and I want to know what the best raidiators are that I can get for the cheapest and still performs great
I'm gonna be using a tt core x9 case and I want as many raidiators as possible and the biggest as we'll as being able to fit big d5 reservoirs in it please help thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-03-2016, 09:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 576
Consider your radiators in accordance to your preference and budget.

Look at reviews and when content, go to http://www.overclock.net/t/584302/ocn-water-cooling-club-and-picture-gallery and pose your question on which radiator they would recommend.

Personally, I used two Swiftech MCR220-XP Dual 120MM "EXTREME PERFORMANCE" Radiator Series and one Swiftech MCR320-XP Triple 120MM "EXTREME PERFORMANCE" Radiator Series in my Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (see pics in sig).

Radiators have been working hard for 2.5 years, still cooling like day one and no leaks! They were also practically clean on the inside (when cleaning them, before 1st use).

-Guide to 1st Case Modding for Better GPU(s) Performance/Cooling-
http://www.overclock.net/case-mod-wo...ing-guide
-Guide to 2nd Case Modding for Better GPU(s) Performance/Cooling-
http://www.overclock.net/case-mod-wo...e-fan-mod
Vote for sustainability with your dollar!
post #3 of 11 Old 09-03-2016, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

The case can fit 2 480mm rads and 1 360 mm rad and possible a 240 and at least a 120 so what's the best I could get for that size I was hoping to go mostly thermaltake with my build sense my case is so I was looking at the pacific 480

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 09-03-2016, 09:40 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 45
I run these from Koolance. 30 fpi, 360mm and 50mm thick. Also, for performance and silence, get yourself a radiator shroud and 3 gentle typhoon fans.

thumb.gif

http://koolance.com/hx-360xc-radiator-3-fan-120mm-30-fpi-copper

post #5 of 11 Old 09-04-2016, 04:12 AM - Thread Starter

I need the best raidiator for the money preferably cheap 480mm thick and I can use the riing rgb fans on them I've been looking at the pacific 490rl

post #6 of 11 Old 09-04-2016, 12:51 PM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDhasRisen View Post

I need the best raidiator for the money preferably cheap 480mm thick and I can use the riing rgb fans on them I've been looking at the pacific 490rl

Thermaltake rads are awful. Possibly beyond awful. And aluminum to top it off.....

Actually, except for their rebranded Swiftech Apogee XL, the whole Pacific line simply isn't good. Buying liquid cooling components to match your case brand is a foolish, foolish idea.

You are far better off with two quality rads than four awful rads..
post #7 of 11 Old 09-04-2016, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Alright so what would you suggest

post #8 of 11 Old 09-04-2016, 02:37 PM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDhasRisen View Post

Alright so what would you suggest

HWL makes top quality rads and aren't ridiculously expensive. EK makes some good rads, also, but avoid the SE series which are horrid performers.

The other big thing is what are you looking to do? Are you looking for quiet above all else, or absolute performance that sounds like a helicopter in the room? You listed out enough rad space to cool a pair of quad GPU systems effectively, so I am kind of clueless as to what you are doing here. I'me not a proponent of the "as many rads as possible" school of design. More starts becoming meaningless at a point much earlier than most think, and it simply implies a lack of actual thought in design.
post #9 of 11 Old 09-04-2016, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

I basically want astetics but it still needs to cool properly and be quiet but I am new to water cooling so I might say things wrong or not no anything but I want to use the core x9 because it has the most water cooling capabilities for its price so that's why I want so many rads because I want it to look good even if it is point less but I plan on water cooling everything in my system eventually

post #10 of 11 Old 09-04-2016, 03:17 PM

Liked: 178
The best price per performance radiators are Magicool. Oh look, PPCS has the 360 on sale right now, aren't going to find a much better deal than that.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/magicool-extreme-slim-profile-3x120mm-radiator-black.html

Put two of those in the top of the X9 and call it a day, should cool anything you loop to it, but you can always still add another rad in the basement down the road if you need it. D5's are technically pumps, not reservoirs, so I think you meant to say a D5 pump/res combo?

As mentioned, do not use Tt radiators, they are aluminum and will cause problems when you mix them with copper or nickel components.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page