Polishing a reservoir? - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-09-2016, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter
333mhz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I've had my res for a few years now, and because of my case, it wasn't mounted as best as it should be, so there is some slight scuffing on the clear portion of it. This is an EK Res. What would be the best approach for getting these scuffs out and returning the luster the clear used to have there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-09-2016, 11:09 AM

Liked: 2
Sand it with some really fine sand paper and purchase some polish and polish. Not sure why you didn't google how to polish acrylic.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-09-2016, 02:58 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 20
DO NOT USE SANd PAPER > you will not get the look you want and end up with more scufs than you want . . Just start with a really good polish and a polishing pad for your 4 in grinder or dremmel .
I have had really good luck with novus plastic polish kit . gives you everything you need in the kit and it is super cheap .

https://www.amazon.com/NOVUS-7100-Plastic-Polish-Kit/dp/B002UCYRZU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476046618&sr=8-1&keywords=novus+plastic+polish+kit

Search you tube on how to use novus polish kit and there will be a few differnt videos of how to .
hope this helps . If you need any more help feel free to message me dude .
Alan1187 likes this.

Asus rampage 5 Edition 10
I7 6800k 4.2MHZ
32gb Corsair Vengeance
EVGA GTX 980 TI SC
Corsair ATX 1200
Corsair Force gt 500gb
Samsung SSd 500 gb
Case Labs STH10 AKA White Widow
Acer XB270HU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-09-2016, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter
333mhz

Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by {Dr. Rockso} View Post

DO NOT USE SANd PAPER > you will not get the look you want and end up with more scufs than you want . . Just start with a really good polish and a polishing pad for your 4 in grinder or dremmel .
I have had really good luck with novus plastic polish kit . gives you everything you need in the kit and it is super cheap .

https://www.amazon.com/NOVUS-7100-Plastic-Polish-Kit/dp/B002UCYRZU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476046618&sr=8-1&keywords=novus+plastic+polish+kit

Search you tube on how to use novus polish kit and there will be a few differnt videos of how to .
hope this helps . If you need any more help feel free to message me dude .

Awesome stuff. Thank you very much. I have a dremmel, but I can't recall what buffing pads I have for it right now, I'll look into it. But I'll add that stuff to my list and pick it up soon. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page