We are now taking orders for our first CPU water block! - Page 4 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 88 Old 12-15-2017, 12:30 PM
WaterCooler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I hope some day take international orders. I really like the design biggrin.gif

It's all mechanical, you can mend it with a hammer !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 88 Old 12-15-2017, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMock View Post

Cool, so only possibly problematic for peasants with weak pumps thumb.gif

Last question, I know this is probably a ways down the line, but any plans on mono blocks in the near future, specifically X299 boards since most board MFG's prioritized "zomg RGBEEEZ", and putting stupid "Super Gamer Max Ultra Double Headshot Mega SLASH Godly Extreme" logos all over, instead of, you know, actually putting heat sinks there.

LOL that is all too true with all the gaming stuff on motherboards. We will work on doing mono blocks after we've done several different CPU blocks as well as GPU blocks.
post #33 of 88 Old 12-15-2017, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexer View Post

I hope some day take international orders. I really like the design biggrin.gif

smile.gif Thank you! That is something we will work on once we sell to retailers like Amazon, Newegg, and PPCs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 88 Old 12-15-2017, 01:02 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusWC View Post

LOL that is all too true with all the gaming stuff on motherboards. We will work on doing mono blocks after we've done several different CPU blocks as well as GPU blocks.

Ok cool, guess I'll be ordering the block then.

On the GPU blocks, I'd love you to death if there were ports on the top as well as sides. Can't stand Multi-GPU bridges, and trying to get the lengths of the tubing correct going straight from one to another over such a short distance is a real pain in the butt...

5 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #35 of 88 Old 12-15-2017, 01:04 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 262
Hey this is some sweet kit. Are you guys planning on doing your own line of radiators eventually? Also are there any plans to try and gain an international presence? Down here in South Africa we don't have much in the way of watercooling goodies outside of EKWB and XSPC. It would be great to see another player join the Frey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4inkill3r go_quote.gif

Also, we're discussing intel because it seems like there's no way to enforce pure-AMD build threads in this forum. It should be renamed the 'you really want intel instead' forum.
If You Can Cool It!cool.gif-You Can Clock It!wheee.gif (AMD's Vishera)
post #36 of 88 Old 12-15-2017, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMock View Post

Ok cool, guess I'll be ordering the block then.

On the GPU blocks, I'd love you to death if there were ports on the top as well as sides. Can't stand Multi-GPU bridges, and trying to get the lengths of the tubing correct going straight from one to another over such a short distance is a real pain in the butt...

Awesome! I know what you're saying with multi-gpu bridges. It's annoying, because it makes it difficult to upgrade in the future and there's no option for quick disconnects. Having multiple ports is something we will look into. We want to make water cooling easier and more convenient than how it is right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair View Post

Hey this is some sweet kit. Are you guys planning on doing your own line of radiators eventually? Also are there any plans to try and gain an international presence? Down here in South Africa we don't have much in the way of watercooling goodies outside of EKWB and XSPC. It would be great to see another player join the Frey!

Thank you! We will do radiators after we've done multiple blocks. I'm not sure what the timeline will be for radiators at this point, but that is something we want to do. We absolutely want to sell our products world-wide and that is something we will work on after we start selling at retailers like Amazon, Newegg, and PPCs. Thanks again for checking us out!
post #37 of 88 Old 12-16-2017, 10:51 AM
Overclock.net Podcast: LIVE

Liked: 139
Why must I be unemployed?? I would re-install a loop if I got my hands on this block! Gorgeous

Consoles: Atari - 2600 & 7800, Lynx 2; Mattel - Intellivision II; Magnavox - Odyssey 300 & 500; Nintendo - NES, NES Top loader, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, Micro Vs. System (Boxing), GameBoy Advance/SP (001)/Micro, DS, 3DS XL; Sega - Master System, Genesis (Gen 1 & 2), 32x, Saturn, Dreamcast; Sony - PS, PS One, PS2, PS2 Slim, PS3, PSP - LE MGS (green); Microsoft - Xbox 360 (1st & 2nd gen); NEC - PC Engine Core Grafx 1; Panasonic - 3DO; SNK - Neo Geo AES MAX 330 MEGA PRO-GEAR SPEC; Texas Instruments - TI-99/4A (both beige & silver); Tandy - TRS-80; Apple - IIc

Arcade: Atari - Centipede & Millipede (full-size); Nintendo - Donkey Kong Junior (cocktail); Midway - GORF (cabaret) & High Impact Football (operator conversion in a full-size, 4-player Atari Gauntlet); Stern - METEOR

50 Million+ Folding at Home points  BOINC Pentathlon Participant   Foldathon Participant 2015 

post #38 of 88 Old 12-16-2017, 06:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 92
Quote:

That all makes sense. Fortunately Kyle from HardOCP finished his review. I know KCDC already gave a link, but I will include one as well.

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2017/12/14/optimus_water_cooling_v1_intel_cpu_block_review/1

Acrylic tops are coming soon! And I can't wait to see what coolant looks like flowing through there. The heavier springs will be more representative of the final product. That I promise. We also won't have the scratches from shipping. We will include a static cling sticker to protect the bottom plate and keep it a mirror finish.

We chose arctic silver, because their thermal paste is also made in the USA and we wanted to source as many US components as possible for this product. If you know of any other brands that are made in the USA, we could switch over to those in the future. Or if the made in USA part is not super important, we could source thermal paste from other countries. Our goal is to make products that you are happiest buying, so any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Again, only one review. Very rarely is one reference going to do it for you in business, when people don't know you and you have a new product, from a new business. Your product is promising. I do rapid prototyping and product development.
The one thing i ask myself is , because the fins are so small in scale, what about bacterial growth and micro particulates? Water Ph, to prevent any leaching from any of the materials used in the loop? What kind of extended testing have you done?

[Official] ASUS ROG Rampage IV X79 Owner's Club

An old toothbrush is the best thing to remove tim from hard to reach places.
post #39 of 88 Old 12-16-2017, 06:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

thermal paste is also made in the USA

Supporting your own is good, less so when it interferes with your own sales. To explain how that could be:

- Most people will choose between 3-4 (i'm being generous) different pastes; be it for better or for worse is a different matter, sticking to the facts here.

- If your paste of choise is not among them, first thing in mind is "how many $ less would i have paid if they didn't include one? Not like i'm gonna use it".

- Even if your choise of paste is among said not to be named brands, we enter a second question springing to mind, it being "and how many weeks/months has it been sitting on a shelf before it got shipped to me?". Not all know this matters, but those that do..

So personally speaking, i'd rather you sold the block, as is; and leave it to the customer to choose and procure their own paste.

Pride, honour and purity.
post #40 of 88 Old 12-16-2017, 11:55 PM

Liked: 0
Good Looking block and numbers..... any chance your working on a threadripper version ?

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page