In a nutshell I was installing a triple loop into my system and working things around.
The fans were not installed on the loop that has the graphics card, sb, hardrive block, because I didn't have long enough screws, and I wanted to adjust the wiring and a few others things. I didn't think it mattered, because it was running through a passive bix 120 and mcr220, so i couldn't imagine the temps causing damage. The temp in xp showed normal temps.
So anyhow I ran it like this for 3 days, while adjusting the wiring for everything else and waiting on 3 3/8" npt barbs from an online retailer.
I made the mistake of leaving my computer on for 3 hours while away at a work meeting. When I came home, the monitor was off and nothing was displayed.
Now the computer won't boot at all. No video, nothing.
Could the gpu on the 8800gt burnt out? I wonder if it's the motherboard playing tricks on me.
I tried reseating it, resettings cmos by pulling the battery, unplugging everything and nothing.
It brought me back to my 680i nightmares <sigh>
I just can't imagine the gpu burning out. People on the forums talk about their gpus hitting 85c. When I left, my gpu was around 44c. So that means in a span of 3 hours, the water rose to a temp that went over 85 between 2 passive radiators? I don't know..
it turns on, just no video