post #31141 of 107797 Old 11-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Overclocker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

Awesome! I have two 360s and one 240. If I could find a spot for my ssd(s) I could have done a 480, 360, and 240. I might find a way biggrin.gif

With these rads it makes you have to really think were you can put thing because they take up ALOT of space. But coming from Black Ice Xtreme rads I'm excited to see how they handle.

2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31142 of 107797 Old 11-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Case Modder

Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT Diva View Post

You may want to PM me, I live on St Croix, going on 13 years now.

Hey This is off topic.. but In late 2005 when the New Cost U Less was built in Christiansted. I was there putting in the Refrigeration... What an Experience that was..

I suck at driving on the other side of the Road... wink.gif. Do miss it a bit. Went Diving for the First time There.. Absolutely Loved it...
post #31143 of 107797 Old 11-04-2012, 09:33 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post

Just a heads up guys, Perrformance-PC's has a 5.5% discount for all OCN members! Just enter the code OCN55 at checkout.
Nice! Thanks for the word Philly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfergolfer View Post

So I took some more pics and the paint is only coming off of the outside threads. I have two red ones that are quite bad (from my pump) all the others are fine. And I have one white fitting that lost a bit as well.
This one is my most beat up one that I have you can see almost all the paint is gone from the threads; however, the other side of the threads are fine:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Here you can see the compression part is spotless but I lost a tiny bit of paint on the threads again but only what you can see is what has been lost, paint wise:

Small chips on the white and the inside is actually fine its just the shadow of the lighting:
I love these fittings for the design of how they have been made but I must say they need to use some thicker or at least stronger paint on them as it does come off sometimes.
As for the inside of the fittings they are all clean and clear of any damage it is just the threading and bottom of the outside fitting in which I have shown are damaged
NOTE: I insist you click on the pictures to see what it actually looks like

Yeah I think they are great, I have the chrome ones and haven't had any issues with them yet. The color off the threads is to be expected, but that bit of white chipped of the bottom of the nut...that would worry me. From what I have heard Gary at monsoon is good for replacements in cases like that.
Monsoon contact: geno@boxgods.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT Diva View Post

Since you're on the West end, check with SCUBA or N2theBlue, both have west end facilities. All the wrecks are on the west end, and it's usually calmer seas than the north shore. They can also give you the best updates on where to see what.
It's been a while since I was as much into extreme diving as now it's extreme PCs.
Darlene Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Darlene, is there anything you haven't done/can't do? biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyghtryder_9 View Post

Has anyone ever tried this with there rads? I'm just playing around with build ideas and am wondering if there would be any cons to doing it. Flow would enter from the loop into bottom right rad and to the res from top left rad. Rads would be parrellel connected basically. I put some fittings and tubing just for a visual but could use some sort of sli fittings if it worked out.. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

http://martinsliquidlab.org/2012/06/08/hesmelaughs-radiator-sandwich-testing/
There was a good study done on that specific rad orientation^
Short story: stacked (or sandwiched) rads almost always perform worse than just a single rad in the same situation/orientation.
Edit: If pursuing this orientation, low FPI combined with high fan pressure is ideal. thumb.gif

Snorkle.gif Overclockers DO IT Underwater! Snorkle.gif
My take on Watercooling! (Click to show)
"Water-cooling is a chaotic, never-ending, emotional roller-coaster. It's akin to falling in love with your worst enemy. It's an addiction that constantly keeps one wavering upon the tight-rope of separation between sanity and blissful ignorance. It's the adrenaline-filled excitement of a UPS or FedEx delivery, soon quelled by the heartache of an RMA, an excessive electric bill, or worse - the disdainful attitude of a significant other. It's hours upon hours of decisions and careful planning that often are thwarted within seconds of implementation. It's the culminating pinnacle in a pursuit of greater performance, which undoubtedly will also be the inexhaustible beginning of yet another, longer, more costly endeavor. Water-cooling is a story with more than one climax, an infinite story line, but never an ending..." ...

5 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31144 of 107797 Old 11-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Programmer

Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by NostraD View Post

Nice! Thanks for the word Philly!
Yeah I think they are great, I have the chrome ones and haven't had any issues with them yet. The color off the threads is to be expected, but that bit of whit chipped of the bottom of the nut...that would worry me. From what I have heard Gary @monsoon is good for replacements in cases like that.
Monsoon contact: geno@boxgods.com
Is there anything you haven't done/can't do? biggrin.gif

Lol I aksed geno for some sponsorships, frown.gif sadly, nada for now.
Don't really see alot of Monsoon parts around, so im guessing not many have bought monsoon yet.
Meaning no OCN sponsorship projects lol.

kinda sad.

tongue.gif please buy more monsoon guys.

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  BOINC Pentathlon Participant  

post #31145 of 107797 Old 11-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Audiophile

Liked: 194
I'm sponsored! Check out my Water Phantom build!
Going to get the angled ones for my Switch[Box] Build soon as well!

Ryzen & Vega Enthoo Evolv ATX TG Case Mod Build Log
Audio (Click to show)
Sources: The Spectre | Lenovus Maximus | Huawei Honor 8
DAC's: HiFimeDIY Sabre SPDIF | iBasso D-Zero
Amplification:ASL MG-Head OTL Mark III
Headphones: Sennheiser HD650 | Shure SE215K | Logitech UE6000
Speakers
Home Theater/Lenovus Maximus: Pioneer Elite SC-85 > Music Angel SDXE M9 > Klipsch KG5.2 w/Crites tweeters/crossovers
The Spectre: Adam Ax7
Build Logs (Click to show)Overclocking Accolades (Click to show)

Chimp Challenge Participant 

post #31146 of 107797 Old 11-04-2012, 09:50 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post

I'm sponsored! Check out my Water Phantom build!
Going to get the angled ones for my Switch[Box] Build soon as well!

Awesome, cant wait to see...
I was sponsored too!!! (by my wife) biggrin.gif ...just because she loves me! thumb.gif

Snorkle.gif Overclockers DO IT Underwater! Snorkle.gif
My take on Watercooling! (Click to show)
"Water-cooling is a chaotic, never-ending, emotional roller-coaster. It's akin to falling in love with your worst enemy. It's an addiction that constantly keeps one wavering upon the tight-rope of separation between sanity and blissful ignorance. It's the adrenaline-filled excitement of a UPS or FedEx delivery, soon quelled by the heartache of an RMA, an excessive electric bill, or worse - the disdainful attitude of a significant other. It's hours upon hours of decisions and careful planning that often are thwarted within seconds of implementation. It's the culminating pinnacle in a pursuit of greater performance, which undoubtedly will also be the inexhaustible beginning of yet another, longer, more costly endeavor. Water-cooling is a story with more than one climax, an infinite story line, but never an ending..." ...

5 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #31147 of 107797 Old 11-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Overclocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostraD View Post

Short story: stacked (or sandwiched) rads almost always perform worse than just a single rad in the same situation/orientation.
Edit: If pursuing this orientation, low FPI combined with high fan pressure is ideal. thumb.gif

I believe the monstra's are around 10fpi and I'm planning on running scythe kaze 3000 rpm fans for where the two rads are and some slimmer fans where it's just the 480.

2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #31148 of 107797 Old 11-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Programmer

@ nightryder, looks like a cool idea, tho it seems to me you would either need to have both of the fittings on either the top or the bottom, and what would be the point of having the rads connected twice?
seems to me like you would want it to go in the right rad at the bottom. Down the bottom side of the rad up the. Back towards us (from the way the pic is taken) in the top of the rad, Across to the other rad, away from us on the top of the rad. Then back towards us again on the bottom of the rad and out a fitting on the bottom (again).

maybe? who knows tongue.gif
post #31149 of 107797 Old 11-04-2012, 09:59 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyismaster View Post

Lol I aksed geno for some sponsorships, frown.gif sadly, nada for now.
Don't really see alot of Monsoon parts around, so im guessing not many have bought monsoon yet.
Meaning no OCN sponsorship projects lol.
kinda sad.
tongue.gif please buy more monsoon guys.

Ok, fine. DSC_0370 (2).jpg
post #31150 of 107797 Old 11-04-2012, 10:01 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 18
Sorry for the thread double-tap, but I could really use some votes over at cooledpc.com , I just got my rig together and am way late to the game.

http://www.cooledpc.com/build/250

WHITEOUT

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page