post #98671 of 107797 Old 06-13-2016, 04:51 PM
please keep drinking the koolaide

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by geggeg View Post

Swiftech hasn't had any online presence here in a while so you may have to directly contact them via their website instructions.
i know, i wonder why ?

Rigbuilder and how to put it in your sig post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gif budget components = budget resultsPearls before swine! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 go_quote.gif

Also rma wise, regardless of what vendor used it's always like getting a tooth pulled imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged go_quote.gif

I facepalmed when trying to explain cpu and gpu overclocking to him after he got his 4930k. It was like teaching trigonometry to a rock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 go_quote.gif

That's like wrapping your car around a pole then asking for warranty service.
Dont be hard on yourself, we all break stuff sooner or later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables go_quote.gif

I don't appreciate your judgment here. I am just stating facts. That's all I'm doing. If you are taking offense to it or something, then that's not my problem, so don't put it on me. Ok?...Good god man. You would know that if you would actually carefully read...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #98672 of 107797 Old 06-13-2016, 07:54 PM
Retired Staff

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeptek View Post

Hey dude, check those blocks under the bitspower FC if ya haven't already. I had some heavy corrosion in my mosfet block and lead to to ditching the unit all together :-/ I have actually heard of a few guying having this issue with these BP FC Blocks.

I was flushing them with the tile off to get some of the X1 out, plan on opening them up since the CPU block appeared questionable. Good thing I have other CPU blocks at my disposal

250 Million Folding Points  BOINC Pentathlon Participant   Foldathon Participant 2015  Foldathon Participant 2016  Foldathon Participant 2017  Forum Folding War 2017 

post #98673 of 107797 Old 06-13-2016, 08:11 PM

Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post

i know, i wonder why ?

Because OCN changed a lot. Most of the manufacturer forums disappeared.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #98674 of 107797 Old 06-13-2016, 10:50 PM
Retired Staff

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Ok well I'm pissed at what I found on my BitsPower monoblock set, definitely shooting an email over to them on this crap. As I used Mayhems X1 and flushed the hell out of the rads prior to using with X1.
So here are my findings on the blocks and why I'm pissed:
CPU Block

South block components (thanks to a crappy coating job I noticed the coat was bubbling up which is a sign of moisture breach/corrosion)

I have one more block to inspect but after this I'm done with BitsPower's products

I'm just glad I still have my Aquacomputers block from an 1150 build that looks like it will match up mounting on my 2011-v3, so now to install the stock coolers and call it a day for now unless I can find a steal on some mobo blocks

250 Million Folding Points  BOINC Pentathlon Participant   Foldathon Participant 2015  Foldathon Participant 2016  Foldathon Participant 2017  Forum Folding War 2017 

post #98675 of 107797 Old 06-14-2016, 04:11 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBaggins View Post

Ok well I'm pissed at what I found on my BitsPower monoblock set, definitely shooting an email over to them on this crap. As I used Mayhems X1 and flushed the hell out of the rads prior to using with X1.
So here are my findings on the blocks and why I'm pissed:
CPU Block

South block components (thanks to a crappy coating job I noticed the coat was bubbling up which is a sign of moisture breach/corrosion)

I have one more block to inspect but after this I'm done with BitsPower's products

I'm just glad I still have my Aquacomputers block from an 1150 build that looks like it will match up mounting on my 2011-v3, so now to install the stock coolers and call it a day for now unless I can find a steal on some mobo blocks

You definitely not the first one, I also have this issue (http://www.overclock.net/t/584302/ocn-water-cooling-club-and-picture-gallery/96710#post_25049835), I RMA the blocks & they send me the new replacement, this time I only use the VRM & PCH blocks, CPU block I change to EK Supremacy EVO block, unfortunately the VRM block still facing the same issue since only used for couple of weeks, in future I will never buy any BP block.
post #98676 of 107797 Old 06-14-2016, 05:32 AM

Liked: 1
[quote name="lklem" I RMA the blocks & they send me the new replacement, this time I only use the VRM & PCH blocks, CPU block I change to EK Supremacy EVO block, unfortunately the VRM block still facing the same issue since only used for couple of weeks, in future I will never buy any BP block.[/quote]

Is it a known issue with bp blocks?

*edit spelling
post #98677 of 107797 Old 06-14-2016, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter
Hardware Rep

Liked: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by realtomatoes View Post

[quote name="lklem" I RMA the blocks & they send me the new replacement, this time I only use the VRM & PCH blocks, CPU block I change to EK Supremacy EVO block, unfortunately the VRM block still facing the same issue since only used for its of weeks, in future I will never buy any BP block.

*edit spelling[/quote]

Its certainly an issue with mine,I ditched Bitspower as a sponsor because of it,I will not use nor promote products I wouldn't buy myself.

Chimp Challenge Participant 

post #98678 of 107797 Old 06-14-2016, 07:57 AM
WaterCooler

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by B NEGATIVE View Post

*edit spelling

Its certainly an issue with mine,I ditched Bitspower as a sponsor because of it,I will not use nor promote products I wouldn't buy myself.

Daaaaaaauym, the moment when you can ditch sponsors like Bitspower, then you know you are a well-known/established elite-modder in the modding-scene biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

But I completely agree with you! I only use the products I really like! And when it comes to sponsors, which I do have now for my second project, I only chose products I personally REALLY like and without questions would pay for myself if I wouldn't be sponsored with them. So I make clear with the companies I am working with that I will use other brands and products I may prefer over theirs. I know this could be a big issue with some companies, but you have to meet somewhere in the middle I guess.

And Congrats for the success in the Taiwan! smile.gif Thumbs up buddy thumb.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
post #98679 of 107797 Old 06-14-2016, 08:10 AM
Let's assume my username is VSG, not geggeg

Liked: 816
post #98680 of 107797 Old 06-14-2016, 08:41 AM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Liked: 45
i see that bits is still on the low side in terms of quality. Friend of mine had bp rampage 2 block. Cooling performance was crap, so he took it aprat. What he found is just a fluid passage, no fins or anything else to expand the heat transfering area. The moment he saw that, he just tossed it to trash bin.

i5 3570k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | 2x4gb 1600 Crucial | ZOTAC GTX 970 | 240gb SSD Crucial BX100 | IN WIN 303 | be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER 10 500W

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page