Built Loop, pics added - Page 2 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #11 of 16 Old 12-23-2009, 10:52 AM
3.5ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 93
You're going to have problems with the res sitting below the pump. Running the pump dry will destroy it, so you'll need to have the res sitting higher than the pump inlet so it always has water coming in. If you could switch there spots but still have the tubing connected like you do, that'd be prefect. Other than that, everything looks good.

Now, I believe you can run that pump in any orientation as long as the inlet isn't pointing down. So something like this might work:

Jaggar likes this.

ATTENTION, CALLING ALL N00BS: AT LEAST DO A QUICK GOOGLE SEARCH BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.
THE SAME QUESTIONS GET ASKED EVERYDAY!!!
A detailed response requires a detailed question
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 12-23-2009, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter
3.5ghz

Liked: 55
i actually like that, my HD will be sitting above the pump but i dont think i will need to get a bay for this setup. looks good thanks.

1 quick more question if you guys dont mind. If im using 7/16 ID tubing on 1/2OD barbs and wish to use gator clamps, do i get medium because the OD diameter of the tubing is 5/8, or do i get large because it will stretch the tubing a little bit.
videocard52 likes this.

post #13 of 16 Old 12-23-2009, 11:45 AM
nub
4.0ghz

Liked: 131
Fans for that black ice gtx radiator... Only 12.95 each. Use these in pull with a shroud (http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=25683) for best results. Note that these are beyond overkill on that Swifty radiator.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=24235

Quote:
Originally Posted by ira-k
It's possible, just think of the chaos and womens tears if it ever did get loose...eek.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 Old 01-11-2010, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter
3.5ghz

so i finally built it, and it looks great. and ill try to get some pics sometime soon. heres what i finally ended up with

odd thing however. the GPU temps and the CPU temps differ by 10C. I did use really old AS5 when installing the Dtek Fuzion so im thinking Im going to need to reseat this guy unless its common to see such a huge difference in temps. like that

the temps also seem to jump quite a bit. core 0 is jumping from 42- to 46- to 48- back down to 42- fairly quickly. perhaps too much thermal paste?

post #15 of 16 Old 01-12-2010, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter
3.5ghz

so yeah. here is whats up. i built my system sigrig is up to date. and before i get criticized i have not done anything about cable management atm so its a bit cluttered in the case with power cables. ill get around to it after some l4d.

also i took a few hours to lap my e6600 started with 600-800- then 1500. second picture didn't come out so good cuz camera is weak sauce at close ups. its not a mirror finish but I can at least say i can see the reflection of the cpu in the reflection of my eye off the reflection of the cpu.

heres

BIX 240 with 2 yate loons
MCR220 with 2 yate loons
MCP655B
EK 100 Res with 12 inch silver strip
Dtek Fuzion cpu block using tuniq tower back plate and screws because i couldn't peel off the back plate form the motherboard but it worked out great
MCW60 on a 4870
and i had to drill some holes for the tubing and used gromets. I also had to mount the BIX on top with spacers from the BOEING CO

In this picture the water block is not mounted because i was lapping the cpu, also notice in the bottom right corner i installed the MCP655 outlet pump through an already existing hole where the hard drive bay is

IN this picture is a closeup of the grommet work, also notice Daniel Day Lewis in the background in There Will Be Blood where he drinks some dudes milkshake

Here is the installation of lapped e6600 using the line method and arctic silver 5

This is the EK RES thats almost horizontal because i had to lie the pc on its side but didn't want air to get in the loop

This is the installed Fuzion

I plan on doing some serious overclocking sometime soon, but after some left for dead 2.

Thing is, i don't have an ambient temp.. but i can guess around 65F , but asus suite says system temp is 35C, the CPU idle is 40C and 53C load 400FSBx9 at 1.5V but I didn't increment the voltage like i should i just kinda set it at 1.35 than 1.5.... w/e, and GPU says the 4780 is 33C idle. brb left dead, if im not back in 3 days, i am the izgaziz.

post #16 of 16 Old 01-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Commodore 64

Liked: 1
Heres some advice. One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.
Jaggar likes this.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page