Mounting a corsair h50 in an antec 1200 case? - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 33 Old 12-18-2009, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter
PC Gamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Yes, I have seen the installation guide. However, I want to keep both exhaust fans on my antec 1200 because they have speed controls. Therefore, how would I mount a corsair h50 with a antec 1200.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 12-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Still Standing

Liked: 2560
Hi.

If I am interpreting your question correctly: Perhaps you could mount the H50 in a push/pull configuration that will utilize both the stock Antec fans and the fan that comes with the H50.

[edit] Another possible option would be to use the stock Antec fan in lieu of the H50 fan.

Custom Case building, dream and build

Custom Cases: Obsidian Silence, Silentium, Halcyon, Anvil, Indigo
Case Mods: Liquid Chameleon, LC-Lan Box

"Semper Fidelis"
post #3 of 33 Old 12-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Pao
Bow ties are cool

Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrillian View Post
Hi.

If I am interpreting your question correctly: Perhaps you could mount the H50 in a push/pull configuration that will utilize both the stock Antec fans and the fan that comes with the H50.

[edit] Another possible option would be to use the stock Antec fan in lieu of the H50 fan.
Both the exact suggestions I was going to make. I wouldn't see why either wouldn't work.

Diablo 3: TheHoff#1636
---
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 Old 12-18-2009, 10:13 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 190
Another alternative is to pull out a hard drive bay and toss the res up in the front of the case. Consider removing the grills and possibly front though as well unless you've got a decently high static pressure fan.

Regardless of how you do it in the 1200, you're going to either be losing a stock fan or using it on/near the rad. Sorry this is how it is, but ya run into that sort of a situation when you have a case with so many fans.

post #5 of 33 Old 12-18-2009, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter
PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
Another alternative is to pull out a hard drive bay and toss the res up in the front of the case. Consider removing the grills and possibly front though as well unless you've got a decently high static pressure fan.

Regardless of how you do it in the 1200, you're going to either be losing a stock fan or using it on/near the rad. Sorry this is how it is, but ya run into that sort of a situation when you have a case with so many fans.
Understandable gizmo. I guess I will have to do the push pull thing or just mount it with my antec exhaust fan. I wonder if the exhaust fan will work on the mounting bracket for the radiator.
post #6 of 33 Old 12-18-2009, 01:12 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 177
I assume you want to keep both the stock fans and not add another fan without speed control. If so just go along with what has been said and use the stock fans instead of the corsair fan. In all reality you could use both the stock 1200 fans in a push pull setup on the H5O you would just need to either leave the extra fan slot empty or put a different fan in there. It is also possible to buy Antec Tricool fans that have the speed controllers attached, so you could buy one of those and have 3 fans with controllers on them, theoretically.

Think of your fans like cars. Your sports car will be faster than a diesel truck, but when you put a 5 ton load behind both of them the truck will outrun the sports car every day. Which is why a GT with kill a Slipstream on a heatsink.

"There is no such thing as head pressure."
post #7 of 33 Old 12-18-2009, 01:17 PM
Str8 stalkin n chkn hawkn

Liked: 396
Is the tubing long enough to mount the rad on a front intake fan?
post #8 of 33 Old 12-18-2009, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter
PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegoast View Post
Is the tubing long enough to mount the rad on a front intake fan?
That will be interesting. Hopefully it will be long enough to reach my converted exhaust into intake.
post #9 of 33 Old 12-18-2009, 07:59 PM
3.5ghz

Liked: 48
post #10 of 33 Old 12-18-2009, 08:55 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by med1kl View Post
That will be interesting. Hopefully it will be long enough to reach my converted exhaust into intake.
I don't think it'll be long enough to reach from the front intakes to the CPU, tubing isn't long enough. BUT, it might be long enough to go from the end of the 5.25 bays using that fan attachment thing with the 1200 though I'm not sure if that will really work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crantana View Post
I got mine in there with stock fans. Pic....

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/z...a/100_6622.jpg
That is with the TriCool on pull and the stock Corsair fan on push, or do you have another fan doing pull?

Also, how are the temps? Do they seem unusually warm since the fans are exhaust?

Looking forward to this answer as I'm looking to pick up the $50 H50 from Fry's.

cheers.gifI Was An OCN Radio Host! cheers.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page