Watercooling Setup For 250-275? - Page 2 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #11 of 23 Old 12-27-2005, 04:44 PM
Blocksmith

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 408
You can forget the steel clams if you want and save some there, zip ties will keep it as watertight as a frogs butt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 Old 12-27-2005, 04:46 PM
ČøñЯδe

Liked: 140
Yikes Chopes! I didn't know you weren't on a budget! You may as well go single stage phase! I think you could save a good $100 if you shopped around for a different GPU block and pump too...
post #13 of 23 Old 12-27-2005, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Liked: 316
I looked around that shop that you gave me and that was the only one that I could find for the gpu block. Any suggestions on that?

Secondly, I was wondering about the pump, I dont want to be lacking on the pump power, anything cheaper that can get me the same "punch?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 Old 12-27-2005, 05:04 PM
ČøñЯδe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopes
I looked around that shop that you gave me and that was the only one that I could find for the gpu block. Any suggestions on that?

Secondly, I was wondering about the pump, I dont want to be lacking on the pump power, anything cheaper that can get me the same "punch?"

Sure thing, look here: http://www.cooltechnica.com/Merchant...egory_Code=VCW . Any of those will work because you can order universal mounting hardware. If you get one of those you will have to pick up some RAMsinks to cool the memory but those are only $10 or so. Thise will be a much cheaper way to cool your GPU.

*EDIT* i would also look at this pump: http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/mer...duct_Code=9336
post #15 of 23 Old 12-27-2005, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Ok I changed the pump, more questions now.

Do I need a molex converter because the molex's in my case are 4 pin, and that looks like it will be a 3 pin?

Secondly, do you have any recomendations for a gpu that doesnt need me to "mess with" the fittings. I dont really want to do that.

Lastly, where can I find the greese I need for the sub temps?

More lastly, do I need a radiator for my setup since I am using a pelter on my cpu and not the gpu?
post #16 of 23 Old 12-27-2005, 06:43 PM
ČøñЯδe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopes
Ok I changed the pump, more questions now.

Do I need a molex converter because the molex's in my case are 4 pin, and that looks like it will be a 3 pin?

Secondly, do you have any recomendations for a gpu that doesnt need me to "mess with" the fittings. I dont really want to do that.

Lastly, where can I find the greese I need for the sub temps?

More lastly, do I need a radiator for my setup since I am using a pelter on my cpu and not the gpu?
Ok here we go:
-You will not need any adapter for the pump, it is DC voltage which means it has a 4 pin molex connector so you plug it into your PSU and it will turn on when your computer does.
-With the GPU blocks I showed you all you need to do is select the fittings on the page after you click on them. The fittings are just the back plates that the GPU block are mounted to, that is it, no "messing" required.
- grease can be found here: http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/mer...duct_Code=9345
- you may also want this: http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/mer...uct_Code=93460

and this: http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/mer...duct_Code=5931

-Yes you will need a radiator because the TEC gets very hot and you still need to cool the water going to it. I highly suggest that Swiftech block because its a waterblock with a TEC in it so the waterblock cools the hot side of the TEC while the cool side of the TEC cools the CPU. A dual heatercore would be sufficient for a CPU but I am not sure about a CPU and a GPU. You may need something bigger than a heatercore, or two heartercores like this: Res>Pump>HC1>CPU>HC2>GPU>Res>Pump etc.

I think that would be good, but I am no expert so 2 heatercores may be overboard, if a more knowledgable person can elaborate that would be great.

Good luck
post #17 of 23 Old 12-28-2005, 01:27 AM
Overclocker

Liked: 385
If you are a first timer with water cooling I would say just try that out first. You can always add the pelter later. I am sure you will be more then happy with your temps with just water. I am running a AMD 64 3200+ (2Ghz stock) at 2.5Ghz and a GeForce 6800GS (425Mhz core/1Ghz mem stock) at 500Mhz/1.5Ghz with temps of 23-25 idle 33-35 full load. That's a 25% OC with tons of room for more.

FAQ: Teflon Tape...USE IT!
OSAMT: "Member of OCN Songwriter and Musician Thread"

Proud Member of the OCN Mechanical Keyboad Club!
post #18 of 23 Old 12-28-2005, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Ok I think ill take your advice snerp after talking with acouple people. I have a semi budget setup right here. Do you guys think this is an above average setup?

TOTAL: 331.71, around 350-360 after shipping.
post #19 of 23 Old 12-28-2005, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Sorry for double post, but I will need fans for my rad correct? If so how many, are there already bracketed places for them or how does that work?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835180019

what do you think of using those fans?
post #20 of 23 Old 12-28-2005, 07:04 PM
333mhz

Liked: 2
Hey could someone put togethor a list for watercooling for me? Kinda new to the idea but doesn't seem that difficult. So if you could put a list togethor for me for under say $450 lol not much of a limit i know so basically the skighs the limit. Goinna need this stuff for my new rig pretty soon

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page