post #11 of 25 Old 01-23-2006, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed and confused
If you need space scrap the res and go for a T line. They are easy to use and don't take up a lot of space. As was said earlyer, punch a hole in the bottom of the case and have it be pushing air out of the case. Some more/better case fans are not a bad idea because a lot of heat will build up in the case.
there wont be any hole punching in a $200 case

the bottom of the case is a "mesh" so theres heat dissapation everywhere. Im not worried about that. Also the reservoir i want to get in tiny. A little bigger than a post it note. I guess I got this figured out in my head already.

I guess the real question is will I achieve the temps I want with a 120 sized rad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 Old 01-23-2006, 05:09 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 97
You would have an idle temp arund 33 and a full load around 38-40 would be my guess.

People with 200 dollar cases...
timsvpr likes this.

Tact is for people who are not witty enough to be sarcastic.

Unofficial post-flame-small.gif.net thread killer

Team ArMaDa member and folder.tongue.gif

post #13 of 25 Old 01-23-2006, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed and confused
You would have an idle temp arund 33 and a full load around 38-40 would be my guess.

People with 200 dollar cases...
i wanted something that would last a long time. I bought a cheap case when i first built my own computer - didnt last a month before things started to break and look like crap.

Anyways. thats really what im looking for is the temps. and if anything itll be quieter than my tornado+delta combo and i can get rid of these earplugs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 Old 01-23-2006, 08:43 AM
Original OCN Gangsta

Liked: 520
RE performance, talk to any hardcore watercooler and they'll tell you that putting it outside the case is the best way to get the lowest temps- unless you have a crazy amount of space and raw airflow is easy to come by in a case. Most of the time, both those scenarios don't work, which is why we stick the rad out the case, giving it all the air it needs, and giving your case all the space it needs. Stick it outside the case, you won't regret the large amount of space you gain inside your case and the performance gain you get from room temp air going through.
timsvpr likes this.

My CNC Mill Project
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDruid
Burn + Electricty + Water =
But the man has the patience of a saint...
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.
--Randy Pausch
Current Best Benchmark

1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #15 of 25 Old 01-23-2006, 11:20 AM
Overclocker

Liked: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn
RE performance, talk to any hardcore watercooler and they'll tell you that putting it outside the case is the best way to get the lowest temps- unless you have a crazy amount of space and raw airflow is easy to come by in a case. Most of the time, both those scenarios don't work, which is why we stick the rad out the case, giving it all the air it needs, and giving your case all the space it needs. Stick it outside the case, you won't regret the large amount of space you gain inside your case and the performance gain you get from room temp air going through.
Or put holes in it and get a heatercore inside. The difference between a heatercore and a 120 rad was enough for me to cut out my 3.5 bays

FAQ: Teflon Tape...USE IT!
OSAMT: "Member of OCN Songwriter and Musician Thread"

Proud Member of the OCN Mechanical Keyboad Club!
post #16 of 25 Old 01-23-2006, 11:40 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 311
Yes I would suggest a cut-out in the top of the case above the drive bays. To this can be mounted the radiator with the fan underneath drawing in clean air
As you can see from the above pics of my XG GAMMER QUANTUM case it finished up a good result. You could also add some mesh to the top if is your want.

I know you state thet you don't want to cut into a USD$200.00 case but as you can see it can be made to look the part.

cheers
timsvpr likes this.

smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif...and be happy not mad !

Major changes in the 'Dungeon of Doom' on now
3700+Sandiego KACAE @ 2.85GHz(285x10) 203MHz 2-3-2-5 1Tpost-flame-small.gif3700+Sandiego CCBWE @ 2.42GHz(220x11) 220MHz 2-3-3-6post-flame-small.gif3000+Barton @ inactive for now

post #17 of 25 Old 01-23-2006, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn
Hmmmm I was looking on Swifttech's site and they had a i/o pipes that replace an pci expansion slot cover. I thought that would be the cleanest way to get outside the case. I guess the only question is if I'm going to keep it outside is what radiator to go with. I want something that looks nice as well as does the job. I dont mind spending the money to make sure its a high quality piece.
post #18 of 25 Old 01-23-2006, 01:55 PM
Original OCN Gangsta

Liked: 520
Ironically enough, I was looking into those as well when I was first getting started. Unfortunately, it's only for 3/8 ID tubing, so you're introducing a lot of restriction right there. However, if you wanted to buy, say, 2 and split the flow from the inlet into 2 barbs going through and 2 coming out, then you'd have yourself a working, good-performing setup.

My CNC Mill Project
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDruid
Burn + Electricty + Water =
But the man has the patience of a saint...
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.
--Randy Pausch
Current Best Benchmark

1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #19 of 25 Old 01-23-2006, 01:56 PM
Programmer

Liked: 19
If you can handle a 12cm radiator in you case, i would recomend the Thermaltake Big Water SE, i know its the only one i've tryed but I am at 3.4ghz with a prescott and at load i don't go over 46º and 33 idle...

Intel oC'ing @
3.4Ghz 3.5Ghz 3.6Ghz!

AMD oC'ing @
2.42Ghz 2.5Ghz 2.6Ghz 2.7Ghz

post #20 of 25 Old 01-23-2006, 02:01 PM
Overclocker

Liked: 385
I hit 33C at full load.

FAQ: Teflon Tape...USE IT!
OSAMT: "Member of OCN Songwriter and Musician Thread"

Proud Member of the OCN Mechanical Keyboad Club!

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page