Stinger Waterblock V4 - Page 16 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #151 of 177 Old 05-12-2006, 03:39 PM
Overclocker
 
Snerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ashalnd, OR
Posts: 4,169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryadsoul
Not where it concerns extreme WC/Phase/Chill and sub-zero temps. As the particle shape, size and density of the minimumal amount of actual silver contained within the polymolecural structure thicken and therefore effective thermal performance is compromised as the TIM hardens and becomes to bittle or far less viscous in nature to perform correctly at the neccessary levels for these applications. AFAIK

Due to those facts, lab proven stats and verified personal test expierence through trial and err............I went from exclusive AS5 use to AS Ceramique application for sub temp systems. And may switch to Shin-Etsu shortly, after further extensive testing IF it proofs itself as a worthy candidate!
I have a little Shin-Etsu left in one of the things....enough for 3 or more aps. You can have it if you pay for shipping.
Dryadsoul likes this.

FAQ: Teflon Tape...USE IT!
OSAMT: "Member of OCN Songwriter and Musician Thread"

Proud Member of the OCN Mechanical Keyboad Club!
Snerp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #152 of 177 Old 05-12-2006, 04:24 PM
PC Gamer
 
Renegade5399's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Rose, NY
Posts: 2,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldovi
How do you figure? The thermal conductivity of AS5 is far higher than Artic Silver Ceramique.

AS5: >350,000W/m2 °C
Ceramique: >200,000W/m2.°C
AS5 doesn't work as well in cooler enviroments. And is not recommended at all below 0. We weren't arguing which paste was better. We were referring to this specific application. I use Ceramique mainly because it is cheaper and with water, AS5 vs Ceramique is a null argument as it depends more on your WC setup than what paste you use. A difference of 1-2° is not worth $3 extra dollars IMO.

My Sauce Is Much 13373|2 Than Yours
I am made of Win.
Renegade5399 is offline  
post #153 of 177 Old 05-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Custom User Title
 
pauldovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Daytona Beach, Florida
Posts: 13,419
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade5399
AS5 doesn't work as well in cooler enviroments. And is not recommended at all below 0. We weren't arguing which paste was better. We were referring to this specific application. I use Ceramique mainly because it is cheaper and with water, AS5 vs Ceramique is a null argument as it depends more on your WC setup than what paste you use. A difference of 1-2° is not worth $3 extra dollars IMO.
But we are talking about water cooling here, not sub-zero. The thermal conductivity of AS5 is significantly higher than Ceramique. This can translate to a 10+ degree drop.

pauldovi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #154 of 177 Old 05-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Stinger Slinger
 
Dryadsoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: A corn field in Iowa.
Posts: 2,865
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Pauldovi: This can translate to a 10+ degree drop.
Key word here "Can"/MAY, depending on far too many system variables = Miliage May/Will vary dependent upon unspecified product preferential criteria.

In the extreme Water Cooling system I've built/building, which will, as precaution of futre-proofing, evolve into/become a phase changed unit.

And that V4 Stinger is starting life in this extreme system as a chilled unit.

I shall continue to religate the application/use of AS-5 strictly to its appropriate functional design as a major integral component in all my extreme AC and low-pro WC PC system fabrications. As it best suits the financial demands of both my customers and I. ATM.
Dryadsoul is offline  
post #155 of 177 Old 05-12-2006, 06:46 PM
PC Gamer
 
Renegade5399's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Rose, NY
Posts: 2,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldovi
But we are talking about water cooling here, not sub-zero. The thermal conductivity of AS5 is significantly higher than Ceramique. This can translate to a 10+ degree drop.
So send me some and we'll test that theory out!
Dryadsoul likes this.

My Sauce Is Much 13373|2 Than Yours
I am made of Win.
Renegade5399 is offline  
post #156 of 177 Old 05-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Stinger Slinger
 
Dryadsoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: A corn field in Iowa.
Posts: 2,865
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snerp
I have a little Shin-Etsu left in one of the things....enough for 3 or more aps. You can have it if you pay for shipping.
LOL Was fixin' to ask which Shin-Etsu:G751, G7762, X23-7783D

But, as I see from your heatware that you purchased X23-7783D from the same
as myself..............Hell yes I can use it

PM me the any details on this ripper steal on my part TYAB
Dryadsoul is offline  
post #157 of 177 Old 05-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Custom User Title
 
pauldovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Daytona Beach, Florida
Posts: 13,419
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryadsoul
Key word here "Can"/MAY, depending on far too many system variables = Miliage May/Will vary dependent upon unspecified product preferential criteria.

In the extreme Water Cooling system I've built/building, which will, as precaution of futre-proofing, evolve into/become a phase changed unit.

And that V4 Stinger is starting life in this extreme system as a chilled unit.

I shall continue to religate the application/use of AS-5 strictly to its appropriate functional design as a major integral component in all my extreme AC and low-pro WC PC system fabrications. As it best suits the financial demands of both my customers and I. ATM.
Now I don't want to get into an arguement, but the reason that it is can, is because you could be one of 90% of the people that apply way to much AS5, you could not seat the heatsink right, ect. If you apply it correctly, you WILL lose ABOUT 10C.

pauldovi is offline  
post #158 of 177 Old 05-18-2006, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter
Blocksmith
 
fstfrddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Camden NY
Posts: 3,481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 408
The block has reached it's destination and is installed, From what I heard it is performing quite well. Perhaps we can get him to post the results here.
CyberDruid likes this.
fstfrddy is offline  
post #159 of 177 Old 05-18-2006, 05:15 PM
Original OCN Gangsta
 
Burn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 13,843
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 520
Nice It's certainly evolving very fast

My CNC Mill Project
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDruid
Burn + Electricty + Water =
But the man has the patience of a saint...
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.
--Randy Pausch
Current Best Benchmark
Burn is offline  
post #160 of 177 Old 05-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Stinger Slinger
 
Dryadsoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: A corn field in Iowa.
Posts: 2,865
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Okay, few quick temps for the latest model Stinger WB. All readings from Bios untill I purchase/mod a I/O Digital unit.

Ambient Room Temp: 20ºC
Ambient Case Temp: 22ºC
CPU Inner Core Temp: 15ºC

All temps Idle only. IHS mirror lapped with AC Ceramique applied and running a single block loop ATM.
Dryadsoul is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off