post #10291 of 13773 Old 10-08-2011, 11:38 PM
WaterCooler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboss View Post
According to most folks here, it doesn't seem to matter as the water normalizes to an equal temperature in time.

I put mine from rad to cpu block to res/pump. On an i3 2100 it rocks it and loads are around 43-45C using linx. WC took off about 14C from my previous load temps with stock cooler!
temp doesnt normalize throughout the loop...

think about a radiator: will water going in have the same temp as water going out? If yes, it is the world's worst radiator.

If min/maxing like people here tend to do, the optimal setup would have the CPU block right after the radiator, so it can dissipate some of the heat from the pump.

IMHO, not a huge matter as the radiator can only dissipate so much heat anyway, just make your loop in a way that is functional and aesthetically appealing
Skyboss likes this.

4 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10292 of 13773 Old 10-09-2011, 01:21 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 238
post #10293 of 13773 Old 10-09-2011, 03:09 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesethunda View Post
how much difference do you think it would make? I will change it to rad then cpu when i move my rad to the top of my case
If you have a gpu before the cpu, I would say it would net a pretty big difference, I can't tell you exactly though. Probably 5c+. If it's just the pump before the cpu I wouldn't expect a large difference.

Chimp Challenge Participant 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10294 of 13773 Old 10-09-2011, 09:41 AM
333mhz

Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdon View Post
temp doesnt normalize throughout the loop...

think about a radiator: will water going in have the same temp as water going out? If yes, it is the world's worst radiator.

If min/maxing like people here tend to do, the optimal setup would have the CPU block right after the radiator, so it can dissipate some of the heat from the pump.

IMHO, not a huge matter as the radiator can only dissipate so much heat anyway, just make your loop in a way that is functional and aesthetically appealing
That definitely makes sense kdon. I just have my cpu getting the cold water from rad first. I figured that would be the best solution to keep my meager i3 cool. Lol.

post #10295 of 13773 Old 10-09-2011, 10:14 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 0
Hello guys, I'm new here. I just want to ask you guys if a rx120 rad would be enough to cool an OC'd i7 2600k, lets say 4 to 4.5GHz?

post #10296 of 13773 Old 10-09-2011, 11:41 AM
WaterCooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboss View Post
That definitely makes sense kdon. I just have my cpu getting the cold water from rad first. I figured that would be the best solution to keep my meager i3 cool. Lol.
Haha yeah there's a ton of factors that can affect your temps if you look for them and nitpick, that's why the best choice is to take the big heat-inducing factors and account for them by dissipating their heat imputs before the one that really matters (cpu).

It would be interesting to get some empirical data on pump before or after rad in rasa kits, where the pump is entirely cooled by the water it is immersed in, unlike other pumps that radiate heat into the air

post #10297 of 13773 Old 10-09-2011, 11:43 AM
WaterCooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo View Post
Hello guys, I'm new here. I just want to ask you guys if a rx120 rad would be enough to cool an OC'd i7 2600k, lets say 4 to 4.5GHz?
People have done 4.5 on the stock intel cooler so you'll be fine though I would get a larger rad and use the packed external rad mounts to mount it on the back! Good luck

post #10298 of 13773 Old 10-09-2011, 11:46 AM

Liked: 11

Woot! i got my kit the other day and i'm currently running a 24hr leak test. 12 hours in and so far, so good!

Here's a short video of Ruby (my sig rig) in action!

Sorry for lame music. This was the first song i thought of to try the sound detector with

Small problem:I'm trying to connect my HAF932's fillport to the reservoir. Since the reservoir's fillport is on the right, while my case's FP is on the left, i got 2 Danger Den fillports (DD FP) to connect the two with some tubing.

However, the DD FP doesn't fully go into the reservoir (last picture). The tip of it just barely fits into the reservoir's fillport hole.

Is there another fillport i could use/a way to make the DD FP fit down to where the plastic O-ring is?

Is there some tool that i can use to widen the reservoir's FP hole and thread it so that i can use the DD FP?

As you can see, I don't have much experience with tools outside of the basics like screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches and drills.

TL;DR: read the bold

post #10299 of 13773 Old 10-09-2011, 01:32 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 238
post #10300 of 13773 Old 10-09-2011, 01:48 PM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesethunda;15237076 
looks good. I don't have mine hooked up to the GPU, only the cpu, I will try putting the cpu after the rad to see how that affects it.

I run my res/pump, rad, cpu, gpu, res/pump. in a cpu only system it really doesn't matter the order tho because the water will even out over time

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page