Please Read Before Purchasing EK Nickel Plated Blocks - Update: Revised plating info - Page 80 - Overclock.net

View Poll Results: In light of EK's nickel failure, will you buy their blocks?
Yes, continue or consider using their blocks (copper or nickel) 231 39.49%
No, I will look into other manufacturers. 354 60.51%
Voters: 585. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #791 of 1650 Old 06-07-2011, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter
We Are Mad!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 906
Just a little video from DazMode about EK prior to the report released. So another retail has confirmed customer complaints/concerns/reports of nickel failure. kinda hard to understand the dude tbh. I commented on that vid already.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DazMode

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #792 of 1650 Old 06-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Amiga 500

Liked: 131
he does some good info videos but I get the feeling sometimes that he is sponsored by EK but if you ignore that bit they are intresting
post #793 of 1650 Old 06-07-2011, 01:07 PM

Liked: 26
Here's a similar situation and how a REAL HONEST BUSINESS deals with it.
Quote:
Over the past several days, we have analyzed issues associated with the stability of our recently released 120GB Force Series 3 SSD. Our review has identified that a significant percentage of these drive do not perform to specifications. The solution will require changes to both the SSD firmware and the hardware components of the SSD itself.

We have stopped shipments of the affected drive, Corsair part number CSSD-F120GB3-BK, effective immediately and have implemented the following remediation plan:

(1) ALL users should cease using the CSSD-F120GBG3-BK drive immediately, even if you have not experienced issues of stability.

(2) Users may then either RETURN the drive to Corsair, at Corsair's expense, to be exchanged with a replacement drive that does meet specifications OR

(3) Return the drive to their place of purchase.

Corsair is committed to product quality and we want to assure our customers that this remediation plan will be implemented at no cost to you.

To return your Force Series 3 120GB SSD to Corsair, contact Corsair to ARRANGE YOUR REPLACEMENT . Corsair will pay for shipping your drive back to Corsair and will replace your drive free of charge. Estimated turnaround time is ten business days.
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=95825

Holy jesus in a sack. Corsair covers return shipping costs! But Eddy.. I thought NO ONE does is?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #794 of 1650 Old 06-07-2011, 01:16 PM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 80
I think that's because Corsair knows how to handle the situation at-hand. They know if people refuse to buy their products, then their business is ruined from such problems. EK doesn't seem to know how to deal with the problem and blame on the consumers first.

post #795 of 1650 Old 06-07-2011, 01:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 182
I agree. All they say is what you use is causing the problem. Corsair accepts their mistake.

post #796 of 1650 Old 06-07-2011, 01:24 PM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore;13787111 
I agree. All they say is what you use is causing the problem. Corsair accepts their mistake.

I know. Corsair had time to correct their mistakes in the past and tried to build their reputation on quality control and trust from their consumers. EK seems to look the other way in the past and blame the consumers for the problems. What Corsair did was the right choice since OCZ had the same problem with their latest batch of SF SSDs, then Corsair rectify the problem quickly before it gets worse.

EK not so much. I expected more from a company who is part of the EU and adhere to the highest standards of quality and support, but all we get are incoherent answers and cold shoulders putting the blame solely on the consumers.

post #797 of 1650 Old 06-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Hardline upgrade!

Liked: 695
They aren't saying you is the problem. They're blaming it on Distilled Water and Killcoils. They did go out of their way to suggest that owners weren't intentionally abusing their blocks just using an inappropriate combination of anti microbials using Copper Sulphate which affected their blocks.

They're OBVIOUSLY wrong because there are no other manufacturers having this problem to my knowledge. But that's because their focus is only on their blocks. What they SHOULD have done was provide the Institute doing the research one of their blocks unopened and still in the package and a couple unopened competitor blocks and then do a blind study. This OBVIOUSLY wasn't done.

This kind of thing happens all the time regardless of the manufacturer. I do like how Corsair goes about it however. Don't question the people paying for your product because it could ruin you. You may be out now, but better that than the bread line. cool.gif

In any case it's easy to see that EK doesn't have the experience dealing with widescale issues like this. This is a global issue, not just a geographical one. So it narrows it down quite a bit. Only they're seeing this as bigger than they can responsibly handle. If they do a blind study and direct their actions AFTER the results are in, they're better off in the long run.

I'll do Copper but not Nickel. I can't get my GPU block from them right now anyway cause they stopped making the Copper Black Acetal block for my GPU. I don't understand why they stopped production on that one and keep rolling blocks out for 2***, 3*** and 4*** series ATi cards but I can get along without that. I'm kind of worried about the MoBo block because the only other choice I have for the Formula Board costs €180 prior to shipping. So I'm kind of stuck for choices in Water Cooling.

~Ceadder:drink:

10 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant  Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant  Foldathon Participant 2015  Foldathon Participant 2016 

post #798 of 1650 Old 06-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Extreme Cooler

Liked: 100
All this conjecture has me confused. The block's plating is flawed outright....there is no disputing this fact RRTech has shown us the proof. There are images from consumers posted all over the place showing the damage. To me this boils down to accountability by EK, if they want to remain in business, should bite the bullet as Corsair has done (regardless of the size of the company or the one's opinion on which product is more important than the other) and recall the product. This would be the responsible thing to do as a business owner. Just as Toyota has done.....just as we see all of the time with baby toys and furniture. It is about accountability and wanting to take care of their customers and continue to have a customer-base. If EK had come out and said, yep we see there is a problem, we are narrowing down the time-frame of the flawed product and will be issuing out 100% refunds or replacements and no cost to you (for the inconvenience and down time), please forgive us as we try to make things right......I think we as consumers would have received and accepted that much better than Eddy's excuse after excuse and pointing the finger back at other things. It shows the consumer that this company has no credibility and will not right a wrong proactively and in the customer's best interest. EK should have some sort of insurance policy or agreement with the plating company to protect him in instances such as this, and if not he should have funding allocated in an "emergency fund" to help him rebound when it does. 2cents.gif
post #799 of 1650 Old 06-07-2011, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 723
EK does NOT have nearly the same resources as Corsair, it's extremely unreasonable to assume EK can provide the same level of customer service.
post #800 of 1650 Old 06-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Amiga 500

Liked: 131
I think I posted something about if EK were to RMA everyones blocks it would probably put them out of buissness way back

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page