PC is better than xbox360? - Page 9 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #81 of 91 Old 07-24-2006, 09:17 AM
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 98
yeah, starting a thread like this is like askin whether or not a PC is better than a cell phone at communication :sigh:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 91 Old 07-24-2006, 09:21 AM
You're a Loose Cannon, Bobrovsky!

Liked: 570
I would agree with Namrac and others that the main advantage is price. You'd be hard pressed to buy just a video card for the $400 an XBox 360 costs and get similar performance. The mere fact that you can play the same games, with roughly comparable graphics for $400 as opposed to $1200+ makes the 360 a pretty good deal. However, to get the most out of it, you need an HDTV and Dolby 5.1 Surround sound, which boosts the price to comparable to that of the PC. Still, running Oblivion at smooth FPS while looking like that is virtually impossible without the very best of PC components.

post #83 of 91 Old 07-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Lord of the Chicken Wings

Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valllldondo
But your forgetting Mr Vulcan...
SONY says there PS3 is a "PC Killer"

SOOOO...although u can't compare a 360 to a PC...
SURELY we can compare the PS3 to a PC cause SONY does say its a "computer system"
I actually did think about this as I was writing my post. By Sony's repeated statements that the PS3 is a computer, it does seem to invite comparison to PCs.

However, at the current time, I reject their statement that the PS3 is a computer. The PS3 is viewed by almost everyone who does not work for Sony as an overpriced game console first, and as an inexpensive Blu-Ray player second. This places it squarely in the company of the X360, Xbox, and PS2 as game consoles that can play movie media. The PS3 may have the potential to be upgraded like a PC, but Sony made big boasts about the PS2 as well that did not pan out. So until I see these "PS3 is a computer" assertions play out in reality, the PS3 is just a game console and should not be compared to a PC. So sayeth Vulcan.

XBox Live: Vulcan Draggon Steam: Vulcan Dragon
Currently Playing: Titalfall 2 (Xbox), Metal Gear Solid 5 (PC), Planescape Torment (PC)
Recently Finished: Call of Duty Infinite Warfare (Xbox), Doom (PC), Dishonored (Xbox 360)
Updated October 22, 2017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 91 Old 07-24-2006, 12:11 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 137
Send a message via MSN to Ace of Spades
Ok two words, Virus's and Crashing

Ok Ok before u say about occasional game glitcches im sure the new ocnosles wil;l be able to update these.

However these 2 words are major floors for the PC's running day to day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 go_quote.gif
Brakes are for noobs. You just throw it in reverse if you wanna stop!
Driving has less impact on enviroment than walking?

Product Design Portfolio website: www.scupham.com
post #85 of 91 Old 07-24-2006, 12:51 PM
They've Killed Fritz!!!

Liked: 263
Send a message via MSN to Mr Pink57
Quote:
Originally Posted by pow3rtr1p
I would agree with Namrac and others that the main advantage is price. You'd be hard pressed to buy just a video card for the $400 an XBox 360 costs and get similar performance. The mere fact that you can play the same games, with roughly comparable graphics for $400 as opposed to $1200+ makes the 360 a pretty good deal. However, to get the most out of it, you need an HDTV and Dolby 5.1 Surround sound, which boosts the price to comparable to that of the PC. Still, running Oblivion at smooth FPS while looking like that is virtually impossible without the very best of PC components.
You could also get a nice pair of headphones like most do for the PC, and as I stated high end gamers also buy very expensive monitors for there rigs. So the monitor TV can cost just the same for a high end pc gamer.

Also we do get bug fixes and updates thru our 360's, we just had a major update for the xbl system not too long about that added some features and helped with some bugs. Also the games get regular updates for the servers, new maps, and to help stop cheaters.

pink

Vicki Vale: You're insane!
Joker: I thought I was a Pisces!
post #86 of 91 Old 07-24-2006, 10:01 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 43
The main thing (other than priceerformance) that makes the 360 an overall better buy than a PC for pure gaming is the unified Live platform. It automatically updates any game right when you pop it in and the updates are usually fast. There's also a lot of work and time taken out of downloading demos and chatting with friends who are playing games.

Read my FAQ on why your CPU is running slower than rated!
"Benchies? I want fps/inch in crysis."
-McStuff
"O, hai! Want som pRon? Dwnlod ths kodk frst. Its teh bst pRonz ever, we prmis."
-GibbyGano
post #87 of 91 Old 07-25-2006, 04:35 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 137
Send a message via MSN to Ace of Spades
woa how mant hits on this thread.

Come on guys, if you want to play games without any nosence go 360, if you want bang up to date hardware and empty pockets and the hassle of drivers etc go PC.

What i do is have my low end comp (damn new hardware) and my PS2, but i can still play CS1.6 and BF2 and i will proabbly build a new comp jsut for some games.

But for ease i will get the next gen console i rate the most, wheter that be the 360 or PS3, and for you nintendo boi''s i will buy teh Wii Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 go_quote.gif
Brakes are for noobs. You just throw it in reverse if you wanna stop!
Driving has less impact on enviroment than walking?

Product Design Portfolio website: www.scupham.com
post #88 of 91 Old 07-25-2006, 10:25 AM
Lord of the Chicken Wings

Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightdagger
The main thing (other than priceerformance) that makes the 360 an overall better buy than a PC for pure gaming is the unified Live platform. It automatically updates any game right when you pop it in and the updates are usually fast.
I believe that game updates on a console are a very bad idea. For as long as the console vs. PC wars have been raging, one of the consoles' best arguments is that software was less buggy because it was impossible to update after release. When you bought a game, it worked. Contrat that to PC games, where every game released seems to require patches to solve some issue that someone found somewhere. Games are often shipped incomplete on purpose just to meet the marketing deadline because they know they can fix the bugs later.

Not that this is going on with the X360, but the slippery slope is there. It is inevitable that these updates will lead to bug fix patches, not just content and enhancements. And it is further inevitable that the ability to issue patches will be abused by a big-name publisher more intent on meeting a ship date than other concerns.

XBox Live: Vulcan Draggon Steam: Vulcan Dragon
Currently Playing: Titalfall 2 (Xbox), Metal Gear Solid 5 (PC), Planescape Torment (PC)
Recently Finished: Call of Duty Infinite Warfare (Xbox), Doom (PC), Dishonored (Xbox 360)
Updated October 22, 2017
post #89 of 91 Old 07-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Windows Wrangler

Liked: 3
you guys compare apples to oranges way to much. consoles and pc's are still 2 very different species wether they use simlar components or not. For the most part they are geared towards two completley seperate groups. its like comparing a dump truck to an F-150, sure both have are trucks, and have beds and big motors and can haul and we all know the dump truck holds way more and has alot more power but does that justify the need for everyone to spend $200,000 when you can get an F-150 that will get the job done to your own needs for $30,000.

im sure the percentage of xbox 360 users who can afford and/or have the knowledge to build a bad-ass machine is under 5% of the total 360 owners in the world. the arguments made here although are logical are not very realistic or practical. and i am sure ol' billy knew you could play a much more badass game on the pc but wanted to gear a machine torwards a much bigger target audience. not to mention pc's main market is certainly not gaming.

besides either way microsoft has some of everyones money now anyhow, and at the end of the day he is still rich and you guys are still *****ing about things that will never be the same only similar.

post #90 of 91 Old 07-27-2006, 07:28 AM

Liked: 351
I think threads like this are pointless and just bring down the quality of this forum and should be closed/removed. This is probably the lamest thread ever created. Just my $0.02.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page