Overclock.net banner

Broken plastic retention bracket

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  AddictedGamer93 
#1 ·
Anyone know what I can do to fix this?
Is there a way to order a replacement, or should I just go ahead and buy a CM Hyper 212+?

img0071po.jpg

See less See more
#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbalsa2;13384166
Request a replacement part from the manufacturer.

Cooler master is amazing with part replacement requests.
It's not from Cooler Master, it's the piece of crap plastic that the stock heatsink latches on to that came with the mobo. Unfortunately, I just bought this PC today, used, so I'm unaware of any warranties the motherboard falls under.

#4 ·
Ya just buy the Cooler Master 212+, it'll save you the headache

#5 ·
Those brackets are super cheap, Frys electronic sells the amd ones for $3. You'll need one if you are going with the 212+.

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad;13384247
Those brackets are super cheap, Frys electronic sells the amd ones for $3. You'll need one if you are going with the 212+.
Don't you have to take off the plastic to mount the 212+ and doesn't the 212+ have a top mounting bracket?

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadarocker;13384276
Don't you have to take off the plastic to mount the 212+ and doesn't the 212+ have a top mounting bracket?
ic, tnx for clearing that up, I was confusing it with the cheaper hyper 100 model.

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadarocker;13384276
It has large hex shaped standoffs and an adjustable bracket that fits into the heatsink base.

And to OP, here's a direct replacement
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=35-119-120&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedGamer93;13384360
It has large hex shaped standoffs and an adjustable bracket that fits into the heatsink base.

And to OP, here's a direct replacement
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=35-119-120&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo
So do you think I should buy a replacement or splurge for a CM Hyper 212+?
I'm not even sure if I can overclock on this motherboard. It's a Jetway HA06-GT and the processor is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750.

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by VanillaCena
View Post

So do you think I should buy a replacement or splurge for a CM Hyper 212+?
I'm not even sure if I can overclock on this motherboard. It's a Jetway HA06-GT and the processor is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750.

It looks like a decent board, I just couldn't find out what powerphase it has.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.