Overclock.net banner

[AppleInsider] More evidence suggests Apple has plans for 10th anniversary of retail

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Foolsmasher 
#1 ·
Quote:
Evidence continues to mount that Apple plans to do something to commemorate the tenth anniversary of its retail endeavors, though whether the event would be a new product unveiling or something else remains a mystery.

What do you guys think it'll be?

Source

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Zoidbar;13538131
I'm predicting overhype surpassing that leading up to the cringeworthy Beatles itunes release.
Apple branded LED tv's with with full web and integration with iDevices. It's bezel and stand would have to be drool-worthy. Picture quality and processing slightly above average. Price range mid to high end.

There just has to be a market for this. Surprised they haven't tried it. Much more wow factor than yet another set top box connected to your tv.

#6 ·
10-15? Hah! More like 4. Where do these people get their information? I've never seen 10-15 outside of MAYBE a store launch. The only stores with 10-15 would probably be like... the cube in NY... because it's three stories. *shakes head*

Whatever it is, it's probably not a brand new product nor the updates everyone's waiting for with Final Cut X and Lion. Those usually have a press release associated with them. Either they're just disseminating information to the retail crew for something that will happen later and they don't want anyone peaking at the keynote and/or something entirely retail oriented like a complete store update or a sale...

MAYBE MobileMe at the most...

Speculators. Pfft.
rolleyes.gif

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Magix;13538087
This just in.. Somewhere, a company is planning something.

This is newsworthy?
it's because it's apple related

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruei
View Post

10-15? Hah! More like 4. Where do these people get their information? I've never seen 10-15 outside of MAYBE a store launch. The only stores with 10-15 would probably be like... the cube in NY... because it's three stories. *shakes head*

You've never been to a grand opening or a product launch have you? I remember the Apple store opening at the Cherry Creek Mall. 150 people lined up and there were about 20 people on staff. When I worked there a few years later, when the iPod Nano launched, it was insane. For 5 days straight we had over 15 people staffed during busy hours.... doesn't help that they sold out of the Nano's in the first 48 hours.

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruei
View Post

Whatever it is, it's probably not a brand new product nor the updates everyone's waiting for with Final Cut X and Lion. Those usually have a press release associated with them. Either they're just disseminating information to the retail crew for something that will happen later and they don't want anyone peaking at the keynote and/or something entirely retail oriented like a complete store update or a sale...

MAYBE MobileMe at the most...

Speculators. Pfft.

Not sure where you live, but in suburban Chicago there's 6-8 employees working at all times. Granted, I live in a predominantly wealthy town and it almost seems like the Apple store is a hangout for teens. I loathe going in there lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.