Overclock.net banner

Need help with pc build (2000 USD budget)

430 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  10halec 
#1 ·
Last time I built a pc was back in 2008 since I have a job I am looking into building a new one. The budget is $2000 dollars, I mostly play games (WoW, LoL and tf2 but I will be playing newer games soon too) on my pc but I also like to render videos and I usually record videos (both video games and in real life, The videos I record in real life is on a SD card so I would like to have memory card reader too)

I prefer intel cpu and ati video card in this build.

Thanks if anyone helps me.
thumb.gif

See less See more
#4 ·
The 932 and Haf X are awesome cases. I have the Haf X and love it, however I just switched to a Danger Den torture rack so i'm not using it anymore. If you were in AZ I'd sell it to you haha. Also, check out the 600t or 650D by Corsair, both absolutely awesome cases. Another thing, are you wanting to do any water cooling? Or maybe even a closed CPU loop like the Corsair h50/60/70. I prefer them to huge air coolers like the D-14 and Megahalems.

Also I would definitely switch out the 4gb of ram he linked with 8gb, it barely costs any more money and it's definitely worth it with a build of this caliber, especially if you're going to be video editing/rendering. Ripjaws x 8gb

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo89;13544340
Last time I built a pc was back in 2008 since I have a job I am looking into building a new one. The budget is $2000 dollars, I mostly play games (WoW, LoL and tf2 but I will be playing newer games soon too) on my pc but I also like to render videos and I usually record videos (both video games and in real life, The videos I record in real life is on a SD card so I would like to have memory card reader too)

I prefer intel cpu and ati video card in this build.

Thanks if anyone helps me.
thumb.gif
Id go with 8GB of RAM just for that, the OP does say how much or how often but if it is more than occasionally the 8GB will be of benefit. These get my vote.

EDIT: also change the thread title so people know youre asking for a build to be made.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428&cm_re=G.SKILL_Ripjaws_X_Series-_-20-231-428-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231445&cm_re=G.SKILL_Ripjaws_X_Series-_-20-231-445-_-Product

#8 ·
Quote:
Im a bit confused.. most of what you picked has horrible reviews. Are you backing your choices up with anything, or just picking random expensive stuff?
typer.gif

Also if the OP is video encoding/ editing, the i7 2600k better suits him because of the Hyper Threading.

Just curious, why did you pick that mobo?

Also you could drop that SSD and go with a Crucial 300c 64 BG- it cost more, but its worth it. Ask around OCN about it.
thumb.gif

And if you are going with a SATA 2 drive the Samsung F3 come highly recommended by most. Though with this kind of budget you mine as well go with SATA 3 6GB/s.
rolleyes.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.