Overclock.net banner

Another window question

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  StuffStuff1 
#1 ·
Hello guys, sorry for my noob question. I'd like to have a big window in my side panel but i dont want to mess with a dremel myself, is there a company aside from mnpctech where i can ship my panel so they do it for me? Or maybe i can just take my side panel somewhere so they could cut it the way i want? I'm assuming it has to be done with a machine kinda like this

View attachment 221814

what i am trying to accomplish is this:

View attachment 221815

i can put in acrylic piece myself, which i already bought together with a u-channel, it's a cutting part that concerns me the most. The problem is i have no idea where can that be done.

#4 ·
A good dremel is only like $60-70. I just installed my first side window last week and it came out fine. A dremel isn't all that hard to use, and you will pay a lot by "calling the guy" to do it.

Besides, you can't learn if you don't do. Wouldn't you rather be able to do it yourself, on this build and future builds?

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ekg84
View Post

Dude it has nothing to do with being a wuss, its a lack of space/time/tools, i dont even have a dremel which will probably cost me more than cutting that panel.

Oh ok.. Still it only takes about a hour. Modding a computer is usually a hobby. Trust me you will be much more satisfied if you made the cut and the window then if you got it done for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whipple16
View Post

http://www.overclock.net/case-mods-g...l#post14370607

i just cut a window today. not a very detailed log as far as how i did it but start to finish took about 35-40 mins

i used a portable jigsaw to cut it out.

I have had bad luck with jigsaws and plexi. So i do suggest you take caution on this step and make sure your using the correct blades.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.