Overclock.net banner

How are these Sennheiser ?

312 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  musicPC 
#1 ·
Somebody has a pair of Sennheiser HD420 SL for sale . Made in 1984 . Are they good ? He says so ... He says i can't buy anything better for three times the money he's selling them ..

See less See more
#2 ·
Of course you won't be able to get anything better for your money. Just like how every used car on every lot is the single best car out there, bar none.

I personally don't have any experience with that model of headphone, but don't let the seller's hype make your decision for you. Look around some forums like Head-Fi, I'm sure someone there has an opinion on them.

Edit: Also, just out of curiosity, how much is he asking?

#5 ·
A quick google search for Head Fi brings up a great deal of hits. I'd suggest reading up there.

One thing that does make me a bit iffy about those though: You're buying ~27 year old headphones from a stranger. Who knows who's worn them and more importantly what their hygiene was like. For me, it's much different than receiving a set of old cans from your parents. On the basis of pure grossness alone, I'd skip it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.