Overclock.net banner

DirextX diag showing wrong card info...

980 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Xinoxide 
#1 ·
I have recently upgraded my video cards to from 5850's to 6950's and for some reason even tho the catalyst info says 6950's the Directx diag file show "Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series" even tho I completely swept my drivers before installing the new 6950's I have tried reinstalling the drivers and I keep getting the same info.

Here is a screen shot of the catalyst info
screenshot1xd.jpg

Here is what the directX diag file says
screenshot2oh.jpg

anyone know what is going on here or how I can fix it?

See less See more
#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by adridu59;14613987
You need to show hidden devices in device manager. You will see your old video card. Right click on it and choose Uninstall.

To show hidden devices :
- Run this bat. It will activate possibility of showing devices.
- In devices manager, click View > Show hidden devices.
I did that prior to posting...here is what I get.
screenshot3gb.png

#8 ·
Does it REALLY matter?

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakivic;14614932
I did that prior to posting...here is what I get.
screenshot3gb.png
It is very important you do this before you click show hidden devices: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315539

Open up elevated command prompt and type set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 and press ENTER. Then type start devmgmt.msc and press ENTER.

Now click show hidden devices. You shall see a greyed out 5800 series card under Display Adapters. Uninstall the ghosted 5800 series entries. I had this same problem as you before.

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakivic;14615040
Yes I have OCD and **** like this bothers me
I know i was joking
tongue.gif

I have OCD also... No joking. I was freaking out when Evga Precision wasn't in my hidden icons...

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riou;14614986
It is very important you do this before you click show hidden devices: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315539

Open up elevated command prompt and type set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 and press ENTER. Then type start devmgmt.msc and press ENTER.

Now click show hidden devices. You shall see a greyed out 5800 series card under Display Adapters. Uninstall the ghosted 5800 series entries. I had this same problem as you before.
Did that followed up by a complete sweep of existing drivers and reinstalling them. That seemed to do the trick thanks!

#14 ·
I used my never ending supply of deductive logic to find for you... that you can edit this in the registry.

I renamed my GTS 450 to prove it for you. Also outputs in the diag text.
View attachment 224752

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.