Overclock.net banner

Windows 7 Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapter not working! Help please!

22K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Alpha Blob 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

Firstly my internet isn't working for my Gaming Rig at the moment and that same day I found these exclamation marks right next to a lot of listed things under Network-Adapters in Device Manager.

Here is the list of what has an exclamation mark next to it:
- Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapter
- Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapter #2
- Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapter #3
- Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapter #4
- Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapter #5
- Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapter #6
- Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapter #7
- Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapter #8
- Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapter #9
- Microsoft Teredo-Tunneling-Adapter

Also, when I click Start » Devices and Printer (I am translating it my PC is actually German; I hope that's what it says in the english version...), I see a list of devices amongst them "MARIUS-PC" (Marius is my name
tongue.gif
) anyway that also has an exclamation mark. I can right click and click "Troubleshoot", and then it will tell me one by one the exact list that I mentioned above and for each one it says something like (again it's translated...): "There is a problem with the Driver for "(Here it says either one from the list above)". This problem can possibly be solved by reinstalling the Drivers". Then I have the choice to click either "Apply this Correction", or "Skip this Correction | Continue Troubleshoot without applying this Correction".
Another info about that: The Troubleshoot messages don't come in the order of the list that I wrote above, but in a (what seems to be) random order.
Oh and when I click "Apply This Correction" (which I did for every single one) it tells me in the end that the drivers could not be installed (That might be due to the fact that I don't have internet, but I do think that the fact that I don't have internet is due to these MS-ISATAP-Adapter Problems...)

I hope someone can help me (I've looked this up myself, but all I found was people on Windows Vista and they all got the answer that on Windows Vista you don't need to worry about anything if there is that exclamation mark... But I'm on Windows 7... AND I don't have internet, and - again - I have that feeling that it has something to do with this...

Thanks in Advance
smile.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
Those aren't your problem. You can go into device manager and remove all of them, hit refresh and they'll stay gone.

Check your IP settings (if their static, turn it to dynamic)
turn off any proxies you may have (found under Internet Options -> Connection -> Lan Settings)
reset your Internet Options (Internet Options -> Advanced -> hit both reset buttons)
Open CMD prompt, and type in "ipconfig /renew" without the quotes.

That fixes ~90% of internet connectivity problems in ~2 minutes flat.

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRLurself [Knyte Custom];14673973
Those aren't your problem. You can go into device manager and remove all of them, hit refresh and they'll stay gone.

Check your IP settings (if their static, turn it to dynamic)
turn off any proxies you may have (found under Internet Options -> Connection -> Lan Settings)
reset your Internet Options (Internet Options -> Advanced -> hit both reset buttons)
Open CMD prompt, and type in "ipconfig /renew" without the quotes.

That fixes ~90% of internet connectivity problems in ~2 minutes flat.
Thank you, just 2 questions about that:
Firstly so you really mean Uninstall all of them (the MS-ISATAP-Adapters) or what?
And how do I turn the IP Settings to dynamic? Sorry I don't know all too much about internet connection things and problems and whatever else like that...

*EDIT*
Oh and I didn't mention, that my computer doesn't even recognize any connections right now. There are none on the Network-List...
*EDIT END*

#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Blob;14674033
Thank you, just 2 questions about that:
Firstly so you really mean Uninstall all of them (the MS-ISATAP-Adapters) or what?
And how do I turn the IP Settings to dynamic? Sorry I don't know all too much about internet connection things and problems and whatever else like that...
Start->Network and Sharing Center -> Change Adapter Settings (it's on the left side of the window) -> right click the network connection -> properties -> select IPV4 -> Properties -> Set the two radio buttons to Obtain Automatically. Hit OK to everything on your way out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Blob;14674033
*EDIT*
Oh and I didn't mention, that my computer doesn't even recognize any connections right now. There are none on the Network-List...
*EDIT END*
This is an entirely different problem than what you said before and the above won't work.

Re-install the drivers for your network connections, make sure they're plugged in correctly, etc. This is either a driver or hardware issue.

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRLurself [Knyte Custom];14674279
Start->Network and Sharing Center -> Change Adapter Settings (it's on the left side of the window) -> right click the network connection -> properties -> select IPV4 -> Properties -> Set the two radio buttons to Obtain Automatically. Hit OK to everything on your way out.

This is an entirely different problem than what you said before and the above won't work.

Re-install the drivers for your network connections, make sure they're plugged in correctly, etc. This is either a driver or hardware issue.
Sorry that I wasn't clear enough then, but thanks anyway for your help, I will reinstall the network device
biggrin.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.