Overclock.net banner

BitFenix Colossus Venom vs. Aerocool XPredator (White)

4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  mark_thaddeus 
#1 ·
Hey ya'll!

I'm planning on upgrading my PC case, but I've reached a dilemna! I currently have a NZXT Lexa S, and now want a full tower...

I'm thinking out of either the Colossus Venom:

Or..

The X-Predator (white edition):

I know the X-Predator has better airflow compared to the colossus, but I'm not too keen on the front panel of the x-predator (I REALLY like the top louvre/grilly moving bit though), and I REALLY like the front of the colossus (BitFenix Logo kicks ass, as does the rubber material thing they've got coated on it)...

So I'm here to ask YOU guys what YOU think is a better case, in durability, looks and performance.

All replies are greatly appreciated!
biggrin.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
The Colossus has a nice White with blue / red light design on it that really looks sick! I would go for that!

http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/chassis/colossus/

I really like the fact that you can switch the led from blue to red depending on what you color theme is inside!

If I didn't buy my RV02 white edition this was my second choice!

#4 ·
I love the inverted motherboard design of the RV02 it gave me better temps than my old antec 900 while only having to set my fans on the low setting. The AP-181 really do kick butt!

One thing to like about the RV02 is how spacious it actually is, it's not a full tower but it can sure fit even the longest GPU cards out there!

Another plus would be that this particular case and the FT02 literally will lessen the amount of dust that accumulates in your case. I used to have to clean out my PC every 2 weeks now I check monthly and there's hardly any dust in there. I just pull out the filters and dust a few places here and there and viola!
thumb.gif

#8 ·
I really cant say anything for sure about how good the new spectre pro fans are as they just came out. However as the regular spectres are more for silence than performance vs. spectre pros being performance fans, they should be better for cooling (with still remembering silence). So no real tests yet (as far as I know) but here's the 120mm and 230mm specs from their website:

SPECTRE
120mm
Dimensions (mm)120 x 120 x 25
Current (A)0.10±10%
Speed (RPM)1000±10%
Air Flow (CFM)43.5±10%
Noise (dB-A)<20
Air Pressure (mmH2O)0.62

230mm
Dimensions (mm)230 x 230 x 30
Current (A)0.20±10%
Speed (RPM)900±10%
Air Flow (CFM)97.8±10%
Noise (dB-A)<20
Air Pressure (mmH2O)1.08

SPECTRE PRO
120mm
Dimensions (mm)120x120x25mm
Current (A)0.11A ±10%
Speed (RPM)1200 RPM ±10%
Air Flow (CFM)56.22 CFM ±10%
Air Pressure (mmH2O)1.24 mmH2O
Noise (dB-A)18.9 dB(A)

230mm
Dimensions (mm)230x200x30mm
Current (A)0.38A ±10%
Speed (RPM)900 RPM ±10%
Air Flow (CFM)156.27 CFM ±10%
Air Pressure (mmH2O)1.81 mmH2O
Noise (dB-A)25.6 dB(A)

According to Bitfenix's specs the new fans seem really nice from dba/cfm-ratio point of view. Their quality is always top notch, in cases and fans, and the regular spectre fans are really good for what they are ment for (silent fans pushing good amount of air) so I'd say that these new fans wont dissapoint.

Also about the colossus, it's really easy to work with. My friend has the white version and has put dampening mats everywhere, 180mm air penetrator to front as intake and the original 230mm spectre as top exhaust plus silver arrow with 3x TY140 fans and 2x msi 6950 TF2. Put all the fans on max and it's still dead silent from 1 meter away. So really easy to play with to make it fit your needs. And awesome looking!!
biggrin.gif

#11 ·
You should also consider the fact that the Xpredator case is very very hard to come by. I've been trying to get the Black edition of the case since August and every single supplier says they won't have it till the new year at the least. The only version that seems to be actually on the market at the moment is the Evil Black edition which is Black and Orange.

As regards to design/performance, the Xpredator is basically exactly the same as a HAF-X case only with different top/front bezels and better cable management.

Im pretty sure that HAF side panels will even fit on the Xpredator, i'll be able to confirm that when i get my hands on one.

The high end Aerocool cases are meant to be of high quality. There is a cheaper, lower quality version of the Xpredator called the Rosewill Thor, which is made in the US.

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemblanity View Post

That's pretty cool! But Aah I musn't think about any other cases! Toning my choices down to two was hard enough! LOL So we come back to the original topic...
thumb.gif

If You had to choose out of either, what would you pick?
tongue.gif
Like I mentioned in my previous post I would choose the colossus (if not for my RV02)! Have fun with it man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.