Overclock.net banner

[Amazon] Deals 1/31: Duke Nukem Forever $0, Crysis 2 $5, DA1+2 bundle $7, Dead Space 1 $0, DS2 $2, Risen $.99, MoH $2, Crysis 1 Max $2.50,

15K views 213 replies 68 participants last post by  guyladouche 
#1 ·
On the 31st Amazon is putting all of their games up for sale again, so if you missed any and you still have a promo code, that is the time.

Updating daily with links. New deals go live at 12 am pst.

Duke Nukem: Forever $5.00 or free with Holiday Promo - Activates on Steam Buy the mac version, activate on steam, works on Windows

Crysis 2 $10.00 or $5.00 with Holiday Promo - Activates on Origin

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate + DA2 Combo Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2 Bundle = $11.99 or $6.99 after promo code - Activates on Origin.

Dead Space 1 $5.00 or free with holiday promo code - Acticates on Origin. follow same instructions as crysis 1

Dead Space 2 $7.00 or $2.00 after holiday promo - activates on origin.

Civilization 5 $9.00 or $4.00 with holiday promo - activates on steam.

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition $2.92 Physical copy. Activates on Steam

Risen = $5.99 or $.99 with holiday promo code - Looks to be GFWL

Medal of Honor= $6.99 or $1.99 after promo code - Activates on Origin.

Crysis: Maximum Edition Crysis: Maximum Edition = $7.49 or $2.49 after promo code - Activates on Origin use this link to activate https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do

Battlefield 3 Battlefield 3 $39.99 or $34.99 with Holiday Promo - Activates on Origin.

ANNO 2070 = $34.99 or $29.99 with with holiday promo code - Ubi probably has this locked down some way or another, not Steamworks.

Notes:
The Promo Code is obtained by having bought a game from Amazon in November or December and a code was emailed.
Keep in mind that these big sales and the promo code go through the end of January, I'm saving mine and banking on something good next week.

Upcoming:

Expired:
1/15 - Alice Madness Returns = $7.49 or $2.49 after promo code.
1/16 - Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2 Bundle = $11.99 or $6.99 after
promo code.
1/17 - Medal of Honor = $6.99 or $1.99 after promo code.
1/18 - Battlefield Bad Company 2 = $6.99 or $1.99 after promo code.
1/19 - Crysis: Maximum Edition = $7.49 or $2.49 after promo code.
1/20 - Bulletstorm = $6.99 or $1.99 after promo code.
1/21 - Crysis 2 = $9.99 or $4.99 after promo code. - Activates on Origin.
1/22 -
1/23 -
1/24 - Bad Company 2: Vietnam[/url] = $8.49 or $3.49 with holiday promo code - Activates on Origin.
1/25 - Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit = $8.99 or $3.99 with holiday promo code - Should activate on Origin
1/26 - Darkspore = $8.99 or $3.99 with holiday promo code - Should activate on Origin
1/27 - Sims 3 everything $10-$17 after holiday promo code - Activates on Origin...who cares?
1/28 - Sonic Generations and Shogun 2 for $9.99 activate on steam
1/28 - Battlefield 3 $39.99 or $34.99 with Holiday Promo - Activates on Origin.

See less See more
#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by croSSeduP View Post

Subscribed and rep'd. Looking forward to that Crysis 2 deal!
thumb.gif
Thanks! I will keep it updated with links as the week goes on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel002 View Post

wondering if cysis is a steam activation or not..
Are you kidding? You might not know of the current situation between EA and steam, but the answer is no. None of these games activate on Steam, I will update the OP.

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacongrease View Post

supposedly, all of these games aren't steam redeemable.
Yes, all of those games are published by EA which has its own Digital Distribution site, and no longer chooses to provide Valve with their games. You can't even find DA2 or Crysis 2 on Steam anymore because EA wants to make 100% profit off the DLC, instead of revenue sharing with Valve.

Bulletstorm is published by Epic, which typically uses GFWL.

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConB@s View Post

These games are all published by EA right? I get the feeling they are using these deals to lure more people over to Origin. And they may very well get me too even though I'm no fan of EA...what to do?
headscratch.gif
You should be able to download and play directly from Amazon without activation on Origin.

It says no where on the Amazon page for DA2 and Crysis 2 that Origin is required, I went over to the Amazon BF3 page and it does say it requires Origin.

#10 ·
On my birthday!
biggrin.gif
Not fair, I'll have to spend so much...
mad.gif

#12 ·
Are these digital downloads only?

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConB@s View Post

These games are all published by EA right? I get the feeling they are using these deals to lure more people over to Origin. And they may very well get me too even though I'm no fan of EA...what to do?
headscratch.gif
http://help.ea.com/article/origin-faq

Mainly this part-
Quote:
Q: For what games is Origin required to play?
A: Origin is currently required to play:
· Battlefield 3
· Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12
· Need for Speed: The Run
· Gatling Gears
· FIFA 12, FIFA Manager 12
So you are fine without origin for the games on sale.

#14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozon671Games View Post

Where do u get promo code?
You have to have bought a game in December. I personally bought Dungeon Defenders for 2 dollars lol, got me a 5 dollar promo code.

Leaning between Crysis 2 and DA/DA2 bundle...Thinking about the latter though, since Stalker: CoP Misery Mod is out tomorrow and Black Light: Retribution is out the next day...gonna be swimming in sick shooters.

#16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grief View Post

You have to have bought a game in December. I personally bought Dungeon Defenders for 2 dollars lol, got me a 5 dollar promo code.
Leaning between Crysis 2 and DA/DA2 bundle...Thinking about the latter though, since Stalker: CoP Misery Mod is out tomorrow and Black Light: Retribution is out the next day...gonna be swimming in sick shooters.
o...

#19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grief View Post

Oops, read it a little bit too late, I did buy shogun 2 during christmas on amazon, how do I get my code?
biggrin.gif
:rolleyes:

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 13 View Post

Oops, read it a little bit too late, I did buy shogun 2 during christmas on amazon, how do I get my code?
biggrin.gif
:rolleyes:
It should be in your email, check your trash

#22 ·
Is the promo code you're referring to, the $5 coupon that people are getting for ordering other games through Amazon?

NVM, answered a few posts back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.