Overclock.net banner

Samsung Galaxy S2 sending photos problem?

12K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  sockpirate 
#1 ·
So my friend just brought something to my attention, apparently the photos i have been sending him and people are of poor quality and dont look like they are coming from the stock 8MP camera that the phone has.

All of the settings on the camera itself on the phone are set to take the highest resolution and megapixel etc. Is there a setting i am overlooking that is making my photos look so terrible on the receiving end of the people i send to ?

+rep to those that help me out!

#3 ·
With any camera phone that has a high res(i have a Galaxy S2 skyrocket) MMS will automatically reduce the res in order to keep the file size smaller when sending photos through messaging.

You should try emailing them from your phone, and as long as they are captured at the highest resolution, all of the quality will be retained when emailing.

Make sure to attach the photos, not try to post them within the email.

Hope this helps.

#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctrucker View Post

With any camera phone that has a high res(i have a Galaxy S2 skyrocket) MMS will automatically reduce the res in order to keep the file size smaller when sending photos through messaging.
You should try emailing them from your phone, and as long as they are captured at the highest resolution, all of the quality will be retained when emailing.
Make sure to attach the photos, not try to post them within the email.
Hope this helps.
Well the reason this was brought up was becuase the pictures my friends send me are better looking when i recieve them as apposed to vice versa, and some of them even have worse cameras on their phone than me, like my friend has a Mytouch HD which has a 5MP camera, yet my pictures on his phone in MMS look worse.

#7 ·
Dunno if this is the issue, but have you tried changing your MMS settings? I know when I got my GSII I couldnt receive any pictures and my wife was getting weird looking ones from me. I ended up changing all the gateway stuff via info from another forum and it solved the problem

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSRM View Post

Dunno if this is the issue, but have you tried changing your MMS settings? I know when I got my GSII I couldnt receive any pictures and my wife was getting weird looking ones from me. I ended up changing all the gateway stuff via info from another forum and it solved the problem
Can you please refer me to that forum or a link please? Or if you remember exactly what you did that would be a great help!

#10 ·
So after much headache, with tmobile..they basically said they dont know how to increase my sending message size from 20kb to the maximum 1mb for tmobile...its not that they cant do it on other handsets, but for some reason they cant figure out how to do it on mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.