Overclock.net banner

DDR2 RAM 667mhz...

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  BradPrime 
#1 ·
OK, I'm still new to overclocking, and I'm just wondering if i can get my DDR2 ram to run any faster than 667mhz on my current system??? can anyone help me??? my timings are 5-5-5-15-2T................??? I'ts DDR2 Turbo 900mhz RAM!!!

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BradPrime

Can anybody help me, my ram is DDR2 900mhz, but i don't know how to make it run any higher than 667mhz.........HELP, LOL!!!

I'm not sure what led you to believe that you have 900mhz ram, but you don't. Your PQI Turbo stick is ddr2 667 cas5 and isn't guaranteed to go any higher.

#9 ·
Give me a link to the ram itself, like from newegg.com or manufacture's page. If it is 900MHz ram, it should run at that ok, we need to know what the stock voltage should be. To run at a specific speed (mhz) you must have enough voltage. Too high can mess up the RAM, to low will make it unstalbe, and hence, not boot.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BradPrime

When I purchased my RAM it was advertised as DDR2 PC7200 900mhz RAM............so was that falsely advertised? can someone have a look.......it's at www.umart.com.au

I honestly think you were shipped the wrong ram. If you look closely at your cpu-z screenshots, you can clearly see that the SPD table shows the suggested timings at 667 mhz are 5 5 5 15. If that stick could honestly hit 450 mhz, it would have much tighter timing at 333mhz (don't get confused with actual operating frequency and effective frequency). Also, there isn't even a table for speeds over 333mhz.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.