Overclock.net banner

Am i going a little overboard with my ram?

202 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Cyrious 
#1 ·
just today i got a 4x1GB kit of kingston hyperX DDR2 ram (1066 5-5-5-18 2.2V design spec), and, naturally, i went and overclocked them a good chunk higher up to 1111mhz. I didnt adjust the timings, but i boosted the voltage to 2.3v, before getting some airflow across the sticks to keep em cool.

My question is: am i putting a dangerous amount of volts through them? I know 2.3v is very high, but i want opinions from you guys.

#2 ·
I think 2.3v is high myself. Are they stable at 2.2v or lower? I've had Mushkin Redline ddr2 1000 sticks that were rated at 2.1v, but only needed 1.8v to run stock frequency and timings.

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTOOSHORT View Post

I think 2.3v is high myself. Are they stable at 2.2v or lower? I've had Mushkin Redline ddr2 1000 sticks that were rated at 2.1v, but only needed 1.8v to run stock frequency and timings.
Havent tried yet, ive only run them either at 800mhz standard settings, 1066mhz 2.2v, or where they are at right now. I'll see if they'll do the same at 2.2v, which is within kingston spec.

EDIT: Well, im currently testing with intel burn test (not the best idea, but hey it works) 3000MB ram 10 passes with the ram set to 2.2v (2 completed), so far it hasnt imploded on me yet. I just might be set at this speed.

#4 ·
derp doublepost

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.