Overclock.net banner

Will this work??

295 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Bdebrooke 
#1 ·
Currently I have 2x2gb Muskin Enhanced Blackline Cas 7 1600 and I was wondering what RAM I could match with this. I'm trying to expand to a total of 8gb since 4gb is finally not enough. Guild Wars 2 Beta weekend showed me that... Can I just mix in any other batch of 4gb RAM and will it run well? Here are my current CPU OC specs:

See less See more
#2 ·
As long as the Ram is the Same MHZ as your current ram it should be fine

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdebrooke View Post

As long as the Ram is the Same MHZ as your current ram it should be fine
Do timings matter at all? I'm currently running at stock timings 7-9-7-24 but at 1444.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Finding some with similar timings might be difficult, I don't see many c7 1600Mhz kits new anymore. Might be able to get a kit that will let you tighten the timings a bit to match, or worst comes to worst loosen the timings of the old kit a bit & run the timings of the new kit.
A decent c8 kit or something should let you match the timings of the old kit with any luck.

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtW 420 View Post

Finding some with similar timings might be difficult, I don't see many c7 1600Mhz kits new anymore. Might be able to get a kit that will let you tighten the timings a bit to match, or worst comes to worst loosen the timings of the old kit a bit & run the timings of the new kit.
A decent c8 kit or something should let you match the timings of the old kit with any luck.
Agreed , finding Low timing RAM is getting kinda hard , im glad DDR3 RAM came down in price , but its not even worth trying to buy DDR2 anymore

#8 ·
Probably to be honest , it would save you quite a bit of time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.