Overclock.net banner

Is my card dying?

290 views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  BRISKbaby 
#1 ·
When I right click on the desktop, or on a video file in a different folder, my screen goes black for a second -- similar to when you change the screen resolution. Sometimes when it comes back it the screen... wiggles. When I got home today the screen was cut off on the bottom. I don't believe it's the monitor because a reboot fixes the issue. Is it time to break out my warranty information?

Please help.

Thank you,
~BRISK

#3 ·
I was thinking it's drivers but it's done the same on 4 different set of drivers:
84.21, 84.43, 91.33, 91.47.
The connections are rock solid. I've even changed the output on the card (there are two outputs).

No OC on the card. Just on the CPU.

#4 ·
How old is that CRT monitor? I dont suppose you have a spare old GPU sitting around, that would tell a big story with what the problem may be. Also make sure you are properly uninstalling your GPU drivers

#5 ·
Through the desktop> properties> settings>advanced> etc. drivers uninstall
reboot
run driver cleaner pro
reboot
install new ones
The CRT is pretty old. I bought it used but I have a new LCD coming in the mail. Should be here Monday. I do not have a different GPU however.

#7 ·
Well. I'm glad to hear that since I have a new one coming in the mail.

If that doesn't fix the issue what do you think it could be?

#8 ·
its amazing the problems a fresh install of windows will fix, try that as a last resort, take out the card and put it back in making sure its tightly secure, again put all OC settings (even CPU) back to stock, run ATI tool (scan for artifacts).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.