Overclock.net banner

Do bezels "dissapear" with 3D Vision surround?

522 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  miahallen 
#1 ·
ahem - ***disappear***

I'd like to ask a favor to anyone using 3D Vision surround....can you play a game in 2D for a bit, then switch to 3D and play for a bit.
Is there a difference in your perception of the bezels between your monitors?
Are the bezels in either mode more or less distracting? Thanks
smile.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
nope not distracting at all. your focus will be on the middle monitor... and the side monitors are more for peripheral vision. like in fps games, if someone is going for you outside of the view of the center monitor, you may see them a little earlier and get em before you go down.

edit: nice rig btw
thumb.gif

#3 ·
I have 3d surround and I would say the bezels are not distracting in either 2d or 3d. Rjmana is correct, your primary focus is the middle monitor and the sides your peripheral vision, so you hardly notice the bezels, unless you intentionally look at them.

Now with 3d Surround you can increase the 3d convergence and the 3d picture will come out of screen and actually looks as if it overlaps over the bezel so that the 2 screens look connected, it's pretty cool! And even though the bezels are hardly noticeable in 2d surround, they are even less noticeable in 3d surround.

What monitors are you getting?

#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmana View Post

nope not distracting at all. your focus will be on the middle monitor... and the side monitors are more for peripheral vision. like in fps games, if someone is going for you outside of the view of the center monitor, you may see them a little earlier and get em before you go down.

edit: nice rig btw
thumb.gif
Thanks
smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolern View Post

I have 3d surround and I would say the bezels are not distracting in either 2d or 3d. Rjmana is correct, your primary focus is the middle monitor and the sides your peripheral vision, so you hardly notice the bezels, unless you intentionally look at them.

Now with 3d Surround you can increase the 3d convergence and the 3d picture will come out of screen and actually looks as if it overlaps over the bezel so that the 2 screens look connected, it's pretty cool! And even though the bezels are hardly noticeable in 2d surround, they are even less noticeable in 3d surround.

What monitors are you getting?
Perfect, I thought the images might "overlap" and the bezels disappear in 3D, thanks for the confirmation.....this make 3D Surround very appealing to me. I mostly play Racing simulators like iRacing, and I've been playing on a 100" 3D projector, which is awesome....but the resolution is only 720p and the lack of peripheral vision is a problem. I'm looking to get three Asus VG278HE monitors.

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by miahallen View Post

Perfect, I thought the images might "overlap" and the bezels disappear in 3D, thanks for the confirmation.....this make 3D Surround very appealing to me. I mostly play Racing simulators like iRacing, and I've been playing on a 100" 3D projector, which is awesome....but the resolution is only 720p and the lack of peripheral vision is a problem. I'm looking to get three Asus VG278HE monitors.
the VG278HE 144hz monitors are the same price as the VG278H 120hz , but the HE does not come with 3d emitters or glasses, the H does include the complete 3d Vision 2 kit.. You will need to buy those separate if you go with the HEs.

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolern View Post

the VG278HE 144hz monitors are the same price as the VG278H 120hz , but the HE does not come with 3d emitters or glasses, the H does include the complete 3d Vision 2 kit.. You will need to buy those separate if you go with the HEs.
Same price? I'm shopping at amazon, and see the HE for $90 less....where do you see them at the same price?
And yes, I'm aware, I already have a kit and 4 pairs of glasses.
thumb.gif

The built in emitter would be cool, but unecessary for me.

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by miahallen View Post

Same price? I'm shopping at amazon, and see the HE for $90 less....where do you see them at the same price?
And yes, I'm aware, I already have a kit and 4 pairs of glasses.
thumb.gif

The built in emitter would be cool, but unecessary for me.
Hmm looks like the price went up for the vg278h. They were $500 each when i bought mine. If you got the kit already with 3d Vision 2 glasses your golden
thumb.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.