Overclock.net banner

If I move a video window back and forth across my screen, shouldn't the sound pan also?

140 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Sylon 
#1 ·
If I have a web browser open and if I am playing a video, should the sound be balanced so that it appears that it's coming from the video and not just the center of the screen? As I move the window to the right, the sound should come more from the right speaker and if I move it to the left the sound should come from the left speaker.

Does Windows implement any feature like this where it can detect where on the screen the video is being played and match the balance of the sound output to the placement of the video?

#3 ·
No.

Can you imagine how annoying that would be? It should depend on the source, not how you have the window.

What if you have a song that has a 30 second intro played mostly through the right channel, and you move that screen to the left side of the window....do you hear almost nothing now?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.