Overclock.net banner

Sprint or TMobile Bay Area?

276 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  NuclearCrap 
#1 ·
I'm about to setup a whole new account with either Sprint or TMobile. I am getting 3 Samsung S4's or 3 HTC ones. Price wise they are about the same. I'm looking at about $180 out the door on either one. Sprint has unlimited Data and 1500 minutes. Or TMobile has unlimited minutes and 2.5GB of data. I could get unlimited data on TMobile but that would bump my price over $200 a month. So in the Bay Area which seems to have the better network? I know both companies are pushing hard their LTE deployment. Which is great. But which say has a better 3G network etc if LTE was around yet? I do like how Sprint doesn't put their LOGO on the phones, the HTC one and S4 that is. But I also like how TMobile is not a contract plan, but rather a month to month thing now. Which one to get that is the question, Then their is the phones, I know the camera on the S4 is better than the Htc one. But I've heard the sound on the HTC one is much better than the S4.

Thanks

#2 ·
They're both equally as bad. When it comes to cell reception, my Sprint service is a bit better than my friend's T-Mobile service around the Bay Area, but it's data where it starts getting bad. LTE is only available in few areas at the moment, so you'll mostly be on Sprint's 3G, which is quite slow I might add. If you're choosing one to stick with over a long period of time, I'd go with Sprint since they are actively adding more and more LTE towers in the Bay. In terms of minutes, it's practically unlimited since it doesn't count if you're calling others who are on any U.S. cellular networks. Those 1500 minutes only count when you call landlines. T-Mobile has the better LTE network at the moment, but that advantage will go away in a year's time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.