Overclock.net banner

Water cooling monolithic/minimalist case

345 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  ledzepp3 
#1 ·
I just bought an XSPC RX360 kit, and my Core 3000 is not going to cut it at all.
The thing has only one proper slot for a rad which is 120mm only. Pretty crapass if you ask me.
Needless to say, I love the look of it, especially the black on white accenting.
What I need is:
-At least two 5.25" bays. Three or more would be nice.
-Either a slot for a 360mm rad or ability to casemod it into 360mm.
-Very minimum, 4 HDD bays + 1 SSD bay (or 5 HDD bays) while maintaining the prior mentioned need.
-Monochrome theming. Black or white.

Any suggestions? Anything not breaking the bank would be lovely too.

#2 ·
The Fractal Design Define R4 meets all of that criteria, and can be modded to meet the 360 rad issue. All you would lose is 1-2 ODD bays depending on the fan config you go with, the other one that works even better with that type of mod is the Fractal Design Define XL R2.

#3 ·
I think the Fractal Arc Midi R2 would be a better choice for a 360mm radiator, it'd be easier to mod into because the fan grates are already there, so you wouldn't need to cut such a huge hole in the top. Plus it'd be cleaner too once the modding was completed because it'd be covered up by the top sliding cover anyways.

I vote the Arc Midi R2.

• Rep+
Reactions: REPUBLICOFGAMER
#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzepp3 View Post

I think the Fractal Arc Midi R2 would be a better choice for a 360mm radiator, it'd be easier to mod into because the fan grates are already there, so you wouldn't need to cut such a huge hole in the top. Plus it'd be cleaner too once the modding was completed because it'd be covered up by the top sliding cover anyways.

I vote the Arc Midi R2.
I was looking at it. Any benefits from going to the Arc XL in mod-ability?

#6 ·
Oh, sorry, didn't see the ODD requirement, just the HDD part.

#7 ·
Well most cases that are factory made are steel, and sometimes it's a pig to work with... You could always try to get an aluminum case like an FT02 and mod a rad into the bottom, which would be ridiculously expensive. I'd honestly try the Arc Midi R2, and the XL if you're looking to water cool with a minimalistic style. The XL will have a larger radiator capacity simply because it's larger.

You can already fit a slim (according to Fractal) 360mm radiator in the top, and others around the case. I'd want that because you wouldn't have to mod it, which would void the warranty and can make it more difficult to sell down the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.