Overclock.net banner

Gunnars?

285 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  wanderer000 
#1 ·
What's the consensus? Worth the $80 or more dollars? Should I get the most expensive pair or will I be fine with say a pair of Intercepts?

Some background info:

I'll be entering college as a computer science major and part-time tech support guy (fixing computers/building them). After all the homework and partying is done, I'll probably go game, too. As a result, my eyes are going to take some more abuse than normal, so I just want to prepare ahead of time, especially since I already wear glasses. That and I'm also researching on other gear to buy, too, so if you can help me pick out some other things, just check out my profile and head to my other threads to help out.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Any pair of glasses designed to filter out some of the more intensive whites and yellows are worth.

Especially so if you have tender-ish eyes ^^

This is of course if you spend a lot of time in browser/white screens.

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatch View Post

Any pair of glasses designed to filter out some of the more intensive whites and yellows are worth.

Especially so if you have tender-ish eyes ^^

This is of course if you spend a lot of time in browser/white screens.
True.....Is there a difference between the advanced gamer and the advanced computer sets? I couldn't find it on their site. I ask because there's a style I like on the advanced gamer's page, but am more concerned about fatigue than style.

#4 ·
I've had a pair of Vaypers for around 8 months now.

I started to get a twich in my eye and my mother suggested it was eye strain, so I decided to invest in some of these glasses. These have most definitely helped ease the strain on my eyes, I find the slight magnification offered helps my eyes to relax. also the shape of the lens and frames helps reduce airflow over the eyes so they don't get so dry.

I work 8 hours a day in front of mostly white windowed apps and then when I get home, I often play games for extended periods.

The main difference between the gaming and computer glasses are the frames. you will find the stuff targeted at gamers are slimmer so they are more comfortable while wearing a headset.

Other than that there is very little to differentiate them other than styling preferences and face shapes

I also wear them at night while I'm driving as it helps reduce the glare from oncoming headlights.

#6 ·
When I bought mine, they gave me headaches and the stupid store I bought them from wouldn't let me return them.

If your vision isn't perfect, I would be careful with the Gunnars. It turned out that I needed prescription glasses and using the gunnars without prescription was causing my headaches. I don't experience this when I wear normal sunglasses so I feel that the slight magnifying zoom the gunnars have is what caused me issues.

That being said, I believe you can get gunnars with prescription lenses, but that's going to cost a lot more than I'm ever willing to pay.

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpluso View Post

When I bought mine, they gave me headaches and the stupid store I bought them from wouldn't let me return them.

If your vision isn't perfect, I would be careful with the Gunnars. It turned out that I needed prescription glasses and using the gunnars without prescription was causing my headaches. I don't experience this when I wear normal sunglasses so I feel that the slight magnifying zoom the gunnars have is what caused me issues.

That being said, I believe you can get gunnars with prescription lenses, but that's going to cost a lot more than I'm ever willing to pay.
Haha thanks guys! I've decided that I'll get them as soon as my budget for college clears up! Turns out a Best Buy near my town has some frames so I think I'll try some there to see what suits me best. I do know that I'll be getting prescription glasses to avoid any issues. They are expensive though, but my regular crappy glass cost $150 so $80 more won't be so bad.

Thanks for the help guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.