Overclock.net banner

Potential infection of the Spigot SearchSettings 1.2.1 Virus?

264 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  scottyq 
#1 ·
I've been recently toiling around the internet trying to find a solution for this, as the 'searchsettings 1.2.1' is sitting in my installed programs but I can't actually uninstall it. I installed HiJackThis and things like Maywarebytes but whenever I scan for the particular file I get this coming up:

O2 - BHO: SearchSettings Class - {E312764E-7706-43F1-8DAB-FCDD2B1E416D} - C:\Program Files\Search Settings\kb128\SearchSettings.dll (file missing)

Does this mean I can't get rid of the file? Because when I went to the uninstall section of HiJackThis it didn't work, the program is still sat there. Even though I probably shouldn't have I think I might have deleted the program file it makes somewhere along the line. Is there anything I can do about this? As it's sat on my Internet Explorer (which I don't use) and is making my computer incredibly slow.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as it's a little unnerving having this thing on here when I have no clue what it could be doing to my computer right now.
Thanks
Sheno

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.