Overclock.net banner

Having Problems with old Graphics card with new ram, motherboard, and CPU?

274 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TheGeneralLee86 
#1 ·
The graphics card will cause the computer to shut down after playing civilization for 3 or 4hrs or more and just before it shuts down the fans will speed up really fast and loud? I have noticed lately there has been a red light on the Graphics card board lit up but it never has been a problem before. The card is a HIS Iceq 4+ Turbo 1gb VRam 4870 that is over 4 years old.
My whole setup is this:
  • Gigabyte Z87X OC Socket 1150 Motherboard
  • Crucial ballistics Tactical low profile ddr3 1600 ram 2 sticks at 4gb each
  • Intel Core I7 4770k CPU
Please help Thanks,
TheGeneralLee86

#4 ·
no I have not checked the temps I know how to but is there a way to log the temps or will it have a temp log somewhere and where can I find it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynails View Post

you invested so much on a new cpu mobo i think it's time you upgrade your gpu:)
Yeah I would like to but the problem is there coming out with new ones in a month but I don't know if this one will last me that long and I would rather buy the newer ones that are coming out then the ones that are being discontinued but I may have to buy the older ones because of the problems I am having with this old graphics card I have now, which has been playing every game with no problems on all high settings almost.

#5 ·
can a power cord not being plugged in all the way on the card cause this problem I noticed that it was part way out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.