Overclock.net banner

Saberotooth z77 and annoying fans?

228 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  trailer park boy 
#1 ·
Hey, the fans i got on my sabertooth z77 are very loud and gets annoying when the cpu is active and idle...

Is it safe to remove them? (the small 32mm support fans)
Or will the MB then overheat?

If it does, where can i then get silent fans?

#2 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarctica View Post

Hey, the fans i got on my sabertooth z77 are very loud and gets annoying when the cpu is active and idle...

Is it safe to remove them? (the small 32mm support fans)
Or will the MB then overheat?

If it does, where can i then get silent fans?
ya they can be loud at times,,,i used the software inside thermal radar to turn em way down,,also they a 35mm fan,,,not very common,,,,you could unplug them and try it,,,watch the temps though,,,without them there really isn't any airflow under all that plastic????,,,,if you mess around with the software settings you can get them to stay off at around 45-50%,,then they wont spin up till your cpu fans start to increase..i got mine pretty quiet,,it just took a lot messin around,,,in fact now that I think about it,,i did take the front one out for a few days,,the one by the NB,,,cause I took it to my local PC shop,,,because I was wondering the same as you,,if I remember right the temps really didn't change much if any,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.