Overclock.net banner

[PCGamer]State of Decay will shamble out of Early Access next week

416 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Fresh Sheep 
#1 ·
Source

Quote:
It's expected that Early Access games will start out missing a few limbs, unnaturally shuffling forward in a slow daze. If they go well, though, they're more analogous to Frankenstein's monster: new features woven onto the main body to create something that the public will set upon with vigour. Hopefully that'll be the case with State of Decay, the open world zombie survival game. It's due to leave the safety of Steam's Early Access program on the 5th November.

See less See more
#3 ·
http://steamcommunity.com/app/241540/discussions/0/864979455403883159/ may sport an answer. If not view the rest of their forum. I'm very sure official release will sport kb/m. Currently the store page says "Notice: This initial Early Access version of the game REQUIRES a wired Xbox 360 controller or wireless Xbox 360 controller with PC adapter (or compatible 3rd party controller)." But store pages aren't updated as frequently

#4 ·
I figured they would only officially launch it once it had full M/KB support. At least that is what I read on steam forums but ehh who the heck knows. I wish they would add multiplayer, then again we have DayZ and Infestation for that I guess.

#5 ·
In my opinion, this is pure laziness and lack of dedication to the project. Really, no M/KB support? I mean, I havent kept up with the game development, or the game itself, but looking from the outside, in, as a developer myself... This is honestly pretty shameful. It just seems like they are scrambling for funds at this point, and trying to get a pieced together product out to the public just to try to break even on development costs. Just my two cents, they should not expect my money.

Once again, I have not kept up with development and the game itself, other than this article and one or two others. There may be a completely different story behind their reasoning.
smile.gif

#6 ·
I bought this game a while ago, basically just after it was released as early access and it was honestly running much better than it does now. I was also only running a 670 and I could downsample from 4k>1440p while still keeping good frames (as in, solid 50 pretty much everwhere, lows of 45). Now with my 780 I struggle to get 30 in some areas and that's only at 1080p... They also removed all resolutions above 1200p because apparently nobody uses them and the ui wasn't scaling correctly. Really disappointed with the devs for this game...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.